Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Show and Tell #4 May - July 2013

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Show and Tell #4 May - July 2013

Post by Lizzie's face painting on Mon May 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Thank you so much everyone!I used TAG Tiger Base Blender Very Happy
Lizzie's face painting

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-01-15

http://www.facebook.com/Lizzie.fp

Back to top Go down

Post by ............... on Mon May 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Last edited by Kaleidoscopejen on Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Mon May 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Sneezle - You are being hard on yourself, looks find to me! I would be happy to have that on my face! To make you feel better here is one of my not so perfect mask:

The tear drops, outlines, and glitter are all over the place in terms of quality, but when trying to do 15 kindergarten girls in one hour, that all that was happening, but they loved it none the less. Don't be so hard on yourself! The tear drops and outlines as a whole looks great!

Here are two favs from today Smile

This little one was my first ever having painted with my pearl HS cake that was not a child of color. The colors look so different! Wow!!

Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Mon May 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Sneezle wrote:
And another Mask with teardrops i messed up. Specially the outlines. Aaaaaargh, really frustrated...... How can i get the teardrops more staight. They are so uneven...

I think you are hard on yourself. Tears drops are not so easy to master. i practice 10 minutes a day only tears drops then swirls and tigers lines.
Let me show you my first Pegasus and my last:
February 2012

March 2013

The tears drops are still not as straight as i would like them but i can definitely see the improvement from last year.
keep practicing. Your tears drops are not as bad as you see them.
I love you
Katurah.... that tiger is awesome!!!
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Tue May 14, 2013 3:51 am

Thanks for all your sweet compliments. Kaleidoscopejen you wrote: "I think we are our own worse critics though". I think you are soooooo right about that. I'm reallly a perfectionist i'm sometimes i get really frustrated.
I watched the tutorial of the Mardi gras mask from Lisa Joy Young and she makes really perfect teardrops. It looks so easy when she does it but it's quite difficult.

Katurah, wow, that mask with black is beautifull. Really love it. And i thinks it's quite even Wink That butterfly is really glinstering and glittering, is it metellic??? Beautiful. And i really love your tiger, is it done with Havanna sunset??? Great work.

Paola, what progress your made, great job. Your teardrops are really improving. Beautifull Pegasus face paint! Love it.
Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ............... on Tue May 14, 2013 4:46 am

Last edited by Kaleidoscopejen on Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ............... on Tue May 14, 2013 4:48 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 am

Thanks Kaleidoscopejen. (Is your name Jennifer by the way???) It's a great idea to look at your progres to paint the same design a year later, maybe i will Wink My friends already like what i do, but it's quite a difference to paint wobbly kids in stead of my own face and arm Wink They're like perfect models Wink I'm still a bit uncertain about that.
Your website is amazing. Lovely work. Beautiful designs!
Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by ............... on Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 am

Last edited by Kaleidoscopejen on Wed May 22, 2013 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Tue May 14, 2013 8:39 am

Hahaha. Those wrigglers aren't easy but i try to see it is as a huge challenge to make the lines staigt. And your website is great, love your swirls and flowers! Wink Your clown is very cute. And the flowers, butterfly's, horse, spiderman, love everything. Very Happy Nothing awfull to find. Hope my English is oke, sometimes (i mean very often Embarassed ) i make grammatical mistakes. Laughing But google is my friend, specially google translate Wink
Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Tue May 14, 2013 9:04 am

Yes Jennifer i agree it helps to measure one's improvement.
I really love your website. Did u design it yourself?
I love your art too! Very Happy
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Tue May 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Did any of you ever used Diamond FX facepaint??? I want to buy a few more darker and lighter colours than the ones i already have and a few splitcakes/rainbowcakes. They also sell Grimas, cameleon and PartyXplosion. What kind of brand should i choose???
Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter on Tue May 14, 2013 3:09 pm

I bought their 12 color sample palette. The only colors that really disappointed me were the red and orange. Practically the same color to me.
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ............... on Tue May 14, 2013 5:56 pm

Last edited by Kaleidoscopejen on Wed May 22, 2013 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Tue May 14, 2013 5:56 pm

Sneezle yes i use Diamond FX.
Is very similar to Wolfe and Tag too. Love all the rainbow cake, my favorite rainbow cake is the neon and i prefer the lay out that Diamond FX has though the color with Tag are pretty much the same. Splitcake i am not too crazy with Diamond FX as the container is too small i prefer Tag is longer and gives you room to load the brush. I don't know Grimas. I think party Xsplosion should be close to our Fab. If i am right is it very soft, different consistancy, lovely as a base not so great for lines. For maybe the expection of few. I love Diamond FX metallics not too much gold and silver they are darker then Wolfe which in my opinion does the best gold and silver. I also like paradise silver the new one and fab gold and silver.
Hope i did not confuse you. Maybe it is a good suggestion for you to try a small palette to see the consistency first.
Very Happy
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by ............... on Tue May 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Last edited by Kaleidoscopejen on Wed May 22, 2013 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie's face painting on Tue May 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Sneezle, look at my Pebbles design and Tom and Jerry, they are made with Grimas, purple is great, gold and silver, turquoise and pink, i don't like their green, neither black&white... I think you should try diamond fx, i have neon magneta, orange and green and i just loveee painting with them.
Here's a little 2 min neon green butterfly.Paola as you can see i'm using my neons!!! Very Happy

Lizzie's face painting

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-01-15

http://www.facebook.com/Lizzie.fp

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Tue May 14, 2013 8:24 pm

I see Lizzie! i love them! sunny
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Tue May 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Paola Thank you Smile My fav tiger thus far! And my little model was precious with her blue eyes!

Sneezle Thank you for the compliments! I find that black with white outline stand out so much! I love the contact of the black and white that way Smile
And yes my tiger is Havana Sunset and the butterfly is so shiny because its a pearl cake and I LOVE glitter!!!

And I've only ever tried 4 DFX colors. Black, White, Metalic Black, and Purple. I did love the black and white for line work but Im on the Wolfe train now! I use the Purple occasionally for lips as I find it isn't dark enough for line work in my opinion. Have yet to use Metallic black since the first time. I wanted a shiny alternative for line work but looked the same to me, even a little grayish.

I wouldn't use DFX for bases though. Dries hard and it's kind of uncomfortable for a full face.

Jen Thank you Smile

Lizzie love the butterfly!
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Wed May 15, 2013 3:33 am

Lizzie that's a lovely green butterfly!

Thanks for helping me out with making a choice guys. I love Grimas but not for linework. I have a Superstar white and black but i don't like the texture for outlining. It's a bit to creamy and it doesn't cover very good. Eulenspiegel is to dry, it's great for applying with a sponge but not for linework. In the Netherlands you cannot buy Wolfe Black and Whtie, i didn't find it in any store. It's the same with TAG. I think i should try DFX white and black. I don't know if they sell rainbow cakes. They sell Aqua splitcakes??? I don't know that brand???

Is there anyone that tried Cameleon or PartyXplosion paint????
Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed May 15, 2013 7:31 am

Sneezle i do have one split cake from Cameleon. I still have to find when is the right consistency for its application. Is far creamier then any other i ever used and so far i have not yet applied it properly. I am not a fun and i did not buy any others.
I think Party Explosion is similar to Fab:
This is Fab Gold with glitter i love it. It has a little smell like roses some people do not like it, once is open is very very light.

This is one of my favorite colors, is orange, gold and once applied it turns pinkish.

This is a cake suggested on a Facebook is my favorite so far. Gold, green, blue, pink all in metallic from Fab.

Here is a video from Lisa Joy Young, she talks about Fab products maybe it will help you recognize the containers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AA6ZjOJPr0
I love you
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed May 15, 2013 8:19 am

Trying out star blend and on stencils too.

I lost some powder along the way in the yellow.
Does anybody have SpongeBob faces? i have a birthday party and no ideas.
Please do not worry if you do not have any.
Very Happy I love you

PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Storey on Wed May 15, 2013 8:49 am

I painted these last night. My son agreed to let me paint on his arm, but it had to be somthing police related (he is 12 and wants to be a police man.) This is the patch that our local police department wears on their uniforms. (My brushes aren't good for writing)

And, I painted the dragon on myself.

Storey

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed May 15, 2013 8:58 am

Great police plate Storey!!! sunny
Love your dragon! cheers
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Storey on Wed May 15, 2013 9:12 am

Thank you, Paola! Very Happy

That was my first attempt at a dragon. I was very pleased with him when I finished. My 12 year old thought it was pretty cool, too!

Storey

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top