Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Show and Tell #4 May - July 2013

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Show and Tell #4 May - July 2013

Post by Katurah on Wed May 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Paola: that dragon eye is awesome!!
Storey: great work!!
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed May 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Thank you Katurah! I used starblend for the first time. scratch
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by granola on Wed May 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Lizzie, I love that butterfly, looks quick and easy!! Very Happy
granola

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed May 15, 2013 8:31 pm

R u guys watching FABA tv free? Annue Reynolds is on!!! She is awesome!!
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter on Wed May 15, 2013 9:01 pm

I am!
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Awesome!!!! cheers
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Storey on Wed May 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Been doing more practicing on myself. I have a birthday party Saturday, it's a freebie, but I'm doing it for the extra practice.

Storey

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Thu May 16, 2013 5:53 am

Storey : the painting are really good. You will be awesome at the party. cheers
Please read this article is very interesting: http://www.shannonfennell.com/Illusion2Article.pdf
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Storey on Thu May 16, 2013 6:11 am

Thank you for the article, I learned a lot from it. I should clairify... it's a freebie as in I'm not getting paid for the job, but she is buying me another face painting kit. I guess it's more of a trade. I'm doing the party for my cousin, and I approached her about painting for the extra practice. She did ask me how much I would charge and I told her that I wasn't sure because I didn't feel that I was good enough to start advertising to get paid jobs. And, I need to work on my speed. I've only been painting for just a few months now.

For this party though, I will have an area set up with a sign that I made and I will be putting out some business cards with my info on them. I just feel that in order to "get to the top", so to speak, you have to start at the bottom. I'm willing to do that.

Did that make any sense? LOL!

Storey

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Thu May 16, 2013 7:24 am

Storey, i am happy you are getting paid even if it is a trade. I do freebye, i just thought you might be interested in reading the article i found, it opened my eyes.
Please start thinking of yourself as a professional from now on. You are practising, making sure your products are safe for kids, updating yourself by reaching out and finding more.
To have started only few months you are really really good. Practise makes us grow, i feel the professionalism should not be based on how good or fast one artist is but by how dedicated and open to reasearch one is. The prices sure will change according to location, speed, and presentation.
By writing to you i am actually reminding myself as i have the tendency of thinking i am not good enough for a job. Very Happy
You are awesome!!! cheers
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Storey on Thu May 16, 2013 7:58 am

Paola,
Thank you so much for the compliment! Means a lot coming from someone who has been doing this a lot longer than I have and has seen a lot more peoples work than I have.

I'm hoping that from this party that I can get a paid gig or two. I need to invest in some of the split cake paints, but at the moment, money isn't my friend. LOL! Maybe in a few weeks we will have settled our differences and I can purchase some then. Very Happy

Storey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Fri May 17, 2013 4:17 am

PaolaSunglow wrote:R u guys watching FABA tv free? Annue Reynolds is on!!! She is awesome!!

I missed it, saw it to late Sad It's a bit difficult timing it because of the time difference).

Kaleidoscopejen wrote:
Sneezle wrote:Hahaha. Those wrigglers aren't easy but i try to see it is as a huge challenge to make the lines staigt. And your website is great, love your swirls and flowers! Wink Your clown is very cute. And the flowers, butterfly's, horse, spiderman, love everything. Very Happy Nothing awfull to find. Hope my English is oke, sometimes (i mean very often Embarassed ) i make grammatical mistakes. Laughing But google is my friend, specially google translate Wink

Thank you so much! It's lovely to hear from other painters that they like my work Smile (but lets not talk about the Spiderman...or the skull, my god, it makes me cringe, but until I have better pics I'll leave on there! I'm much more comfortable painting the girl designs than the boys, so I rarely get a picture I'd want to share anyway!

Your English is near perfect! I would be very proud of myself if I could speak a second language, all I know is how to order two beers in Germany! LOL
Laughing

If i'm speaking to you live it would be really difficult for me to speak about face painting because you often have to use professional jargon, i really use google translate to help me out with the difficult words like; 'professional jargon'. I really had no idea it would be almost the same word. We say Vakjargon in Dutch. Wink

Thanks for al the advice, i think i'm gonna buy Diamond FX black and white and maybe a few PartyXplosion rainbow/splitcakes. I'll show you guys when i bought it. Thanks again for helping me out!

Paola you're right, Grimas is very soft and creamy. I have no idea if they are selling the diamond FX metallics. They don't sell Fab as far as i know. I really like the colour of that orange gold, looks al lot like a smal cake i had from Superstar. Love it!
What a great monster eye! And i really like your eye design made with old, green, blue, pink metallic from Fab, very bright!

Lizzie, i have a lot of Grimas colours but i don't like the black and white, its so creamy and doesn't cover the base ground. And 2 min. is really quick.

Katurah you wrote: "I find that black with white outline stand out so much! I love the contact of the black and white that way ". I do too, great mask!!!
And when i read your advice about Diamond FX i should use Grimas for the base and white and black for linework Wink

Storey, great work. Love your dragon! Beautifull practicing, love your lion and falling star. Great job. Your designs are all lovely!

Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Fri May 17, 2013 6:15 am

Sneezle, i can't wait to see what you come up with once you get your paint!! cheers
Fab is Superstar in Europe. Very Happy
i used: Glitter Gold, Ocean Shimmer, Ziva Blue Shimmer, Magenta Shimmer.
it was suggested in one of the wonderful page in facebook.
Thank you for your compliment. Very Happy
Storey good luck with your party and paint!! Very Happy
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie's face painting on Fri May 17, 2013 10:05 am

cheers Our birthday girl Hello Kitty turned 23 haha, she's still a kid, right?We had fuuunnn! bounce

Lizzie's face painting

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-01-15

http://www.facebook.com/Lizzie.fp

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Fri May 17, 2013 10:42 am

Lizzie awesome!!! cheers wonderful paintings, super lines!! What paint did u use on the brown cat? I love it!!!
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie's face painting on Fri May 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Thank you Paola!!!It's brown from Grimas combined with Sparkle orange from Snaz Very Happy
Lizzie's face painting

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-01-15

http://www.facebook.com/Lizzie.fp

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Fri May 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Good idea!! It looks awesome!!!
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Fri May 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Lizzie, that's so wonderfull. Really love your tiger, cat and Hello Kittie Wink Great job.
Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky on Fri May 17, 2013 6:40 pm

So many posts !!
Lizzie your cartoon work is amazing, and I love the photos from the miss kitty party .
Smile lines, love the photos your friend took, your website will look great
Sneezle, as the others have said we are way too critical of our own work, we compare ourselves to others with years of experience , but honestly I think any child would be bursting with happiness to be walking around with some of the artwork displayed on these pages, and they are the ones who count( well maybe the person paying as well) that's where I criticise myself, I keep thinking "would I happily pay for this if it was painted on my child?" I guess it's good in a way as it makes us strive to be better.
Katurah, aleways a pleasure to look,at your beautiful happy students, love that Havana sunset cake, might have to get me one of those..
Paola, thanks for the link to the cloud tip from sneezle, and Shannon's article, I missed faba tv( sad face) will have to catch up.
Storey, hi and good luck with your party, the designs look great.
Sorry if I missed someone, like I said so many posts!
Louise
Oh yeah, Brittany how's that baby of yours doing, hope its not too long !!

Last edited by silversky on Fri May 17, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong name)
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Storey on Sat May 18, 2013 10:21 am

Silversky - Hi Smile and Thank you! Very Happy

So, Y'all are probably gonna get tired of seeing the pics of things that I have painted on my arm, but I have no one else to paint on. Tried painting my face,... yeah, that wasn't pretty!

But here are a few that I did last night... I was BORED!

Elmo!

Bunny

The Browning Logo - took the pic with my webcam, and it made it appear backwards.

Big Bird... he looks a little high... LOL!

Swirly Heart (Trying to practice swirls and tear drops)

Moon with Stars and a cloud

Dora the Explorer

Flaming Baseball

Hoping to do some actual faces today on my friend's daughters. If plans go through, I'll post.

Storey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigglebrush on Sat May 18, 2013 10:37 am

For those of you who got to watch the fabtv live class a few days ago: I had to try her flowers! They were so beautiful! My son has officially told me he never wants to be painted again so i ordered a head to practice on.... now we wait. Razz
Gigglebrush

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Storey on Sat May 18, 2013 10:49 am

Gigglebrush,... That is BEAUTIFUL!! Very Happy

Storey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Sat May 18, 2013 6:34 pm

silversky thanks. quote: " I guess it's good in a way as it makes us strive to be better. " I think it's good, as long as it doesn't stand in your way (is this good englisk???). If it's helping you to improve it's a good thing!

Storey Love your arm designs! You do not look bored at all Wink Very Happy Ha, ha. You've been really busy.

Gigglebrush i really love your flower, beautifull. I missed the fabtv live class, it's awesome. Did you use a stencil for the dots???

Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Sat May 18, 2013 6:40 pm

I made a tiger design with my Bam 1035 stencil. I really love the stencil but was still figuring out how to use it. i'm quite happy with the result. I'm a bit blue, hope i can wash it off, it's a very intens colour........

And a bird (with a fly) and Bee...

Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top