Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

First large paid event, stressed over what supplies I need!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First large paid event, stressed over what supplies I need!

Post by Sarahyhz on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:23 pm

So Ive been hired to do the face painting at the Kids Can tent at Halifax Pride this year. Im super excited to be doing this but im also terrified. Right now in my kit I have the Caribbean Cool rainbow cake and candyland fairy fly kit both from sillyfarm. A 6 colour palette from wolfe and a bunch of the super tiny snazaroo that ive cut in half and made mini spilts. I know im going to need a rainbow colour cake for obvious reasons :p I want to order from Canada instead of sillyfarm because I don't want to pay $40 for shipping. Ive pretty much decided to order from the Hokey Pokey shop in Toronto but now im stuck and super overwhelmed as to what to order!!!!
Im leaning towards of these:
DFX Big Euro Blend Rainbow Cake - 50 gr
DFX Big Neon Rainbow Split Cake 50 gr

has anyone used these? how big are they? Ill be doing mostly eye designs, likely rainbow butterflies, Im wondering if these will be too big?

Then theres also the Tag base blenders and tag spilt cakes....

wahhhhhh help!!!! lol im so overwhelmed with this right now but I need to order asap because the events 3 weeks away.... ahhhhhhhhhh
Sarahyhz

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: First large paid event, stressed over what supplies I need!

Post by rubyzcreationz on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:04 pm

I have the neon rainbow cake I got from Sillyfarm. I love it! Used most of it for a neon leopard you can see in my avatar. It does not have the white...that I added. Very Happy As far as DFX I haven't used them yet, well that I know of...all I have is rainbow cakes and a couple of Paradise colors that I barely use. (browns) Oh well. Im sure they will be needed sometime..haha.

Sorry I couldn't help you more. I wish you the best!
rubyzcreationz

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-06-02

http://www.rubyz-creationz.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Sarah, you can use the big rainbow cakes for eye designs -- just use a brush (or 1/4 sponge) to pick up 2-3 colors in the cake. I hope you were able to find paints that work for you!
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:13 pm

yeah, I was going to tell you the same as Jenny....I've been using my rainbow cakes both for bases but also as a "one stroke" for eye designs and princess crowns, dragons and roses and butterflies.
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top