Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Snaz Sponges with designs on them

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snaz Sponges with designs on them

Post by Maxell on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:47 am

Has anyone used the snaz sponges that already have designs on them, similiar to stamps? My wife wants to be involved with FP, other then doing the glitter tattoos, but doesn't want to take the time to learn all the different techniques. She can already do the basic butterfly, but its not "her thing". I wouldn't want to invest in the stamps if they don't work. Any advice would help.

Maxellbia
Maxell

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Snaz Sponges with designs on them

Post by PrairiePainter on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 am

I bought a couple and I'm not terribly impressed. Image instructions say to wet your paint cake and press the stamp into the cake. That leaves you with a solid color I your design. Since I wanted to color the individual elements of the stamp I used my brush drop colors where I wanted them. They work but I felt they were more work than they were worth.
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowdrawing on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:10 pm

I didn't care for the star or the peace sign that I bought. Splotchy results. Hard material. Haven't used them on a job...EVER. Easier to do with a paint brush.

Maybe steer her towards stencils instead? Sponge up a rainbow cake and pat it on a stencil of multiple stars...pretty results!
shadowdrawing

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2012-08-19

http://www.shadowdrawing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:14 am

when I FIRST started painting, I looked at those snaz stamps....then I saw similar but better variety stamps at the dollar store....I purchased a few...

I painted them colors with my brush, and they worked AWESOME for painting, especially hyper kids like my toddlers.....a few swirls and I was done.

I stopped using them after my sister saw my painting and said I was cheating....lol....that same day I joined this forum and learned how easy it is to handpaint my own stuff.....the stamps seemed fast when I had no idea what I was doing...but everyone is right-it is more work than just painting.
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top