Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

advice wanted for first big gig

View previous topic View next topic Go down

advice wanted for first big gig

Post by SewDarnHot on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:46 am

I was just invited to do my face painting at a Halloween event that I normally sell crafts at. Whoo Hoo. - Oh NOo Smile
Super excited but. . . I have never done a "real" event. Just parties with a few kids.
So I will be printing a bunch of my quick designs and getting them laminated and such.
A couple questions,
About how many designs should i have on my poster or sheets to pick from? (thinking $3 - $5.00 designs - opinions??)
What colors should I have more of?
Should I have glitter in poof bottles or use a brush?
Should I offer a few designs in glitter tattoos also or just the face painting?
I have not tried the stencils. Are they worth it?
Any favorites you can help me put on my list to paint and print for display would be great. Oh - Is it better to paint on someone (would be my kids) and take photo or paint on a paper?

Most kids will be in a costume or dressed a bit for a free goodie bag. They had a balloon guy last year and he had a line. They also have bounce houses and lost of other fun things for the kids. Its a 4 hour event.
Thanks for any help!!
SewDarnHot

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2012-10-29

http://www.ArizonaFacePainter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: advice wanted for first big gig

Post by Spelonberry on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:52 am

I am going to put in my little two bits! Woo!
I think poof glitter is way better because it's faster than brush glitter.
If this is a busy event (wait Halloween isn't for a long time wut) then you should get someone to do glitter tattoos while you do face painting. Glitter tattoos are just as popular as face painting. I mean, some people don't want to go to work looking like a sparkly rainbow cat, but they're alright having it on their arm.

I don't think stencils are worth it because I'm a snob, so good for you if you're not.
And popular stuff, as anyone would tell you: butterfly, Spider-Man, cat. Tigers and batman and unicorns are popular too.
For practice as well, it's waaaaaaaaay better to paint an actual face, your kids' or yours!
Yep that's my opinion. I have never put up a design board at PPF events, but judging from what business was like, I would recommend about 8 designs.
Spelonberry

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2013-03-19

http://www.justafellowhuman.wix.com/smilingcanvas

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Lately, I've gotten requests for owls and iron man. And the poptart cat/nyan cat/neon rainbow kitty
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top