Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Show and Tell #5 August - October 2013

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Show and Tell #5 August - October 2013

Post by granola on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:38 am

Wow Katurah, that is soo cool you got to meet Marcela! Did Marcela have anything to say about your unique style?!
granola

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:44 pm

granola wrote:Wow Katurah, that is soo cool you got to meet Marcela! Did Marcela have anything to say about your unique style?!
She had a lot to say to my surprise! She has taken notice and even commended me on finding a style this early in my painting. She was very sweet and I was a little awe struck that she liked it so much Very Happy
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Glad to see your cute little face peep in here, Paola! Hang in there! I'm grateful to have a room for all my 'crafty' stuff, but that's only because my kids are grown. Wink 

Oh Katurah!!!!!
Your painting is so wonderful!!! (and the kids are adorable) Jealous you got to have a class with Marcela Evil or Very Mad Wink  How exciting for you. Thanks for sharing the ones done by her and Sammie Bartko (I'm not familiar with her yet.) But you know what?? I (being the 'expert' I am geek ) think yours are even prettier.
No wonder she liked your style so much!

Next YOU will be out there teaching classes like the other biggies (and we will be saying "I knew her when she was just the little sweetie of the FPF.")  And I'm not joking!!
I saw a thread about your little niece(?) and your business card and didn't have time to comment then, but she IS photogenic, pretty and will be great on your card!
And thanks for sharing this work here with us 'little newbie folk." Wink Wink Wink 
flower

Last edited by Valerie A on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:15 am

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Working on lots of roses, but pretty proud of my water droplet Wink

Last edited by thouartbeautiful on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:14 am

Katurah i am so happy for you!! finally meeting the Tear drop queen. She is adorable and amazing!! I am not surprise she said that you had found your own style so early in life. We all witness it and are very proud of you! Keep going girl!!In fact i remember telling you last year: "Pretty soon we will see you in faba TV teaching!" Very Happy
Thank you Valerie! I love you did i tell you that is my daughter? she insisted her picture to be in my avatar this time?LOL but she rarely let me paint her.
Thouartbeautiful nice work there. I loved your turtle, the glove was awesome!! And that little buddha so adorable! Nice drop and flowers. cheers
Me and Brenda at Pashur class. We painted each others!!I love you 

We had such a great time. After class we had a jam with him and other local artists. First one in my life, i was so scared. Brenda did an awesome sugar skull in no time!cheers
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:21 pm

PaolaSunglow wrote:Katurah i am so happy for you!! finally meeting the Tear drop queen. She is adorable and amazing!! I am not surprise she said that you had found your own style so early in life. We all witness it and are very proud of you! Keep going girl!!In fact i remember telling you last year: "Pretty soon we will see you in faba TV teaching!" Very Happy
Thank you Valerie! I love you did i tell you that is my daughter? she insisted her picture to be in my avatar this time?LOL but she rarely let me paint her.
Thouartbeautiful nice work there. I loved your turtle, the glove was awesome!! And that little buddha so adorable! Nice drop and flowers. cheers
Me and Brenda at Pashur class. We painted each others!!I love you 

We had such a great time. After class we had a jam with him and other local artists. First one in my life, i was so scared. Brenda did an awesome sugar skull in no time!cheers
http://i75.servimg.com/u/f75/17/69/06/29/image38.jpg

I had an awesome time!! Pao and I got Pashured!!! cheers 
http://i75.servimg.com/u/f75/17/69/06/29/image38.jpg
funfacesbybrenda

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 am

Thank you Brenda!!! Love the pictures!! Your avatar is soooooo good!! I love you
cheers
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:11 am

VERY pretty flowers & leaves, thouartbeautiful! Love that water drop!! I love you   You do very nice teardrops too! SO great to have you join us here...more please:D 

Paola & Brenda, when did you two get to go to Pashur's class?? I am so excited when forum people get to meet! bounce bounce (I'm just beside myself Wink )
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:23 am

Valerie i received an email from Pashur saying he was coming a week before the event. It was actually a last minute thing. Something either cancelled or he had more time then he thought. I had checked his schedule and given up in meeting him, not sure if you know, this is his last year teaching. But then his email arrived cheers and i contacted Brenda who i met in Marcela's class! We both decided to take his class and jam friday September 13th!!!affraid !! It was awesome!
We also get very exited meeting members of this forum!! I feel really close to you all and i think Brenda feel the same as we became very good friends! We checked with all the girls there and no one did belong to the forum. Sad
We discovered they have wonderful meetings. It is too far for me. I wish our group down in Atlantic city would meet, i have been waiting close to one year now.
I guess they get frighten when they hear i have only been practing for 3 years now. Some how time is very important to some artist.  
I know i have a lot still to learn and experience, i feel is a bless though as this way i only meet nice people! Very Happy
You guys rock!!!

Last edited by PaolaSunglow on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling-grammar)
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by a_better_man_now on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:00 pm

wow, katurah....that drip style is amazing looking. so different than anything else.
a_better_man_now

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:53 pm

So nice , adding a bow to the bandana is a great idea too. Love all of them and the dripping flowers etc. are awesome!
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:27 pm

Well, I posted this in the wrong section so I'm trying again I messed up on the other side so we'll just pretend it didn't happen Smile

"Lightning Dragon Wings" 1st time doing wings and need work on boy-ish stuff.

Also got some good practice in on the neighbor's grandchildren (4 girls and 1 boy) I was ecstatic when the youngest girl (2) wanted to be sharp tooth! Can't post but absolutely adorable (the other three girls were "kitties" but I always make a rule to never do the exact same design, and one spider, black widow of course!). I told them they can knock on my door for Halloween makeup since I'm just handing out candy and doing my friends makeup anyways.

Lastly, I wanted to make my own daisies Smile

Last edited by thouartbeautiful on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Broken link)
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:27 am

Thouartbeautiful love your wings!!! What a great idea to use purple shadow under it!!! Looks great!!I love you I love you
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Thank you, I had a hard time imagining the shape so it had a few different layers (so glad FP is so forgiving at times). The purple I added as a complimentary color to the yellow lightning, I liked the effect. In hindsight, I might try outlining before the lightning but not sure if that would muddy up the light colors.
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:04 pm

thouartbeautiful, those wings are great! and I love your flowers! Really pretty, and you do such nice detail! Good thing "capturing" those victims Laughing  ...er...neighbors grandchildren. They were probably excited and will be willing "victims" for awhile anyway. sunny 
Wish I could paint my face (only thing I ever did half way decent was an ugly insect Wink --I am partial to pretty things, so an insect is kinda "ugly" in this case--and it took me Forever!!!! maybe I will pop it in my avatar for a few days)
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:09 pm

That is awesome Valerie!!! Wow!!!
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks Paola. I need to try doing my own face again, who knows, maybe someday I will be able to do some pretty things I actually like. My tremor doesn't help tho....I am always amazed how Kammy, who is blind in one eye, can paint on her own face at all...much less how she does such beautiful ones!
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 pm

That is so true Valerie! She inpires me so much!!
You know when we did the jam with Pashur in NJ there was a woman who had a very bad tremour in her hands and painted my face. I thought it was going to be all wiggles! I was totally surprised to see an incredible moster!! I loved it!!
The only one that limit ourselves is ourselves!!
You did really really great!!
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:44 pm

My hands are fine (so far Laughing ) it's my head...when I lean forward like I have to do to look in the mirror to paint my own face, then is when I get the tremor Shocked  Interesting about the person in your class with Pashur that had the hand tremor and who painted the monster....I had a friend who was a sign painter (in her twenties) and she had a bad tremor in her hand but she painted wonderful lettering on signs!
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:47 pm

I think it's great! I find it really hard painting on my own face, especially the left side of the forehead and right side of the neck. I definitely like painting pretty things but am interested in learning some gore too.
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by a_better_man_now on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:04 pm

got some new paints delivered over the last two days,,,a tag neon rainbow cake, a wolfe metallix palette, and a wolfe essentials palette...this morning i tried two faces on myself (i suck at painting myself) Neon rainbow tiger and a sugar skull...my first time doing both on myself.

a_better_man_now

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Awesome painting better man Smile I want a neon rainbow cake too! So vibrant!
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Wow, ABMN! Wink   I especially like your neon tiger! Really vibrant and done well. Your sugar skull amuses me with a beard Wink

So glad you have joined us here in the Show and Tell...thouartbeautiful too!
It's always nice to have more people sharing, commenting and cheering others on!
cheers cheers
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:56 pm

ABMN great tiger!!!! Love how you used your rainbow cake!!! Very Happy:cheers: 
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by a_better_man_now on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 pm

I can't claim responsibility for the tiger design...I learned it from a tutorial by Lisa joy young on YouTube. I didn't follow it exactly but it's basically from her tutorial... She has some great ones
a_better_man_now

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top