Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Homemade Brush Box

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homemade Brush Box

Post by Maxell on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Once again...from information I gathered here....my homemade brush box.  You can't purchase an Art Bin Brush anywhere in Atlantic Canada that I could find for under 25 bucks plus shipping.  Even getting them from the US or other parts of Canada was expensive.

So this container can hold 30 brushes single, but it is deep enough that I can put 2-3 round/filberts/shaders, in each cut slot.

The container is from Micheals....50 percent off coupon, so it cost me 17 bucks Canadian.
The foam was 3 bucks from Walmart.  I actually had zero foam in the house, so I still have a crap of foam left over to do 3 more if I wanted to.  It took me a couple of tries to find the right glue though.  So technically, it was about 10 bucks in glue.  

I really like it, but unless you have these things lying around your house can't say its cost effective for someone in the US to do it.  I have seen Art Bin Brush boxes on American websites for 14 dollars, with 6 dollars shipping.

Anyways....Its done and I like it...and it fits my fatmax....which once again, thanks for the idea.  Haven't convinced myself to do the guitar case idea yet.

Maxell

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Homemade Brush Box

Post by acarreon on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Looks great!
acarreon

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2012-04-14

http://lexisskinvas.wix.com/skinvas

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:54 am

ahhhhhhhhh!!!!those boxes were on sale AND I had that foam too....

omg, I totally threw the foam out last night too.....the boxes are still on sale.

so the brushes don't move?so no more smooshed brush tips? YOU ARE SO SMART!!! I'm going to michaels right now, pretty sure the boxes are still on sale.

what kind of glue did you use? I have a hot glue gun, gorilla glue, shoe glue, rubber cement, and cement glue....
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 am

Thank you, I have the Art Bin, they sale it at Joans with a coupon you can get it for $8 but it doesn't hold enough brushes.
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyMUA on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:20 pm

I've totally done this!! It was first done for school (studio arts major here), since I'm the poster child for broke college student haha. However, like Maxellbia said, if you don't have it lying around its not really cost effective if that's your driving force for making one.

I personally would do it again. Not just because I have a lot of the items already in my possession, but because the larger boxes tend to be longer, and depending on how you set up the rows, you may be able hold more in the one than two of the premade brush holders.
RickyMUA

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxell on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:40 pm

I used Ultraglue...and lots of it.
Maxell

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-24

Back to top Go down