Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Emotional week. Sorting it out.

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Emotional week. Sorting it out.

Post by Kammy on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:52 pm

It WON'T carry through to the event - as soon as you absorb the energy of the gig, you'll be just as talented and imaginative as ever. Have faith in yourself. We do.

Glad the appointment went well and that Mike's healing is progressing so nicely. Hope his recovery continues to be uneventful and complete. xx
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 am

I'm sop glad to hear he's healing well. IN a few weeks even, all this craziness will be so much better! I'm sure you'll do well at your gig once you get there and are distracted. Keep hanging in there!
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Magick on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Shannon you will do awesome babe. once your in the zone nothing else matters.

Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Magick on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:14 pm

thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers. you have no idea how much reading all this means to us. it is amazing how much simple words of compassion can change a situation. the emotional set backs are far harder then the physical ones.

Michael Magick

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:36 pm

I know....

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Its so nice to read that things are improving, although exhausted. Keep up the good work and positive outlook. God Bless.
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Performed the gig. I know I wasn't quite up to my usual self. The painting came out ok, but for the first time in my life I had kids cry and freak out when te parents brought them to me. I know it happens, but it has never happened to me. I have never met a kid that didn't hang on my leg, lean over my shoulder or try to climb in my lap. I have had wiggles and talkers, but never in any stretch have I encountered a complete breakdown. My personal space is off, what a surprise! lol Oh well I must not have done too bad since they want me back next year!
lady jynx

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Magick on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:37 pm

awww love , do not let it get to ya. you did great. I am so proud of you for stepping up and taking charge. I could never have done this without you!
Michael Magick

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:50 am

Beloved,

My love for you knows no end. It pleases me greatly to know I make you proud. I only wish I could do more. It bothers me greatly that you are becoming more concerned about our tight finances than on your healing. Things may be difficult for us now but as often we have known, this too shall pass. Our lives have never been easy and we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves without a challenge to face together.

I look forward to the days that you are well, whole and complete. They will come when they are meant to and we must be patient. It does no good to try and rush them. Everything will turn out as it is supposed to. A steady climb up the ladder is far better than to rush and fall. I am here to steady your ladder so you can focus on the next rung. I am right here to support and catch you should you slip. Take your time and move forward when the time is right.
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Finances may be tight, but your love for eachother is priceless....
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 
l!zzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Despite what you two are going through, I can't help but grin with glee at the messages you've written to each other here.  The love you have for each other is absolutely obvious, it shines out of your words.

Hang on to that.  It's one of the most healing things of all.

Love,

Gilly x
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Oh lady Jinx, don't let it get you down, you are holding on so strong... the love between you two will get you through everything!

I have such deep respect for you! Words just don't say enough!
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Magick on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Shannon,

unfortunately I have to move forward with getting back to work even if it is just 2 days a week. I would not be happy if we lost the house. what keeps me going is you and our children. what has given me motivation to live and change has been the thought that I may live longer in the light that is you.

I am sorry that I have put you through so much with all this health issues. I am saddened that you have had to take up the slack that I left when I went down. if I can relieve that even just a little bit then I will be happy.
Michael Magick

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Mike,

I expect no less of you. You have always put the family above yourself. Often to a fault. I understand this as it is my way too. I only ask that you take it slow. Do not push yourself more than you are ready. As always I will be by your side to support you. It is our privilege to have you in our lives and the unspeakable huddles you have faced for us is more than I ever would have asked. Please do not apologize for choosing to live, especially when you chose to live for us! Every day spent with you is a blessing of epic proportions.

Together we will prevail. We will work together and our family will be stronger for the hardships we have overcome. We will not lose the house, it was fate that brought it to us and I can not believe that such a gift came to us just for us to lose it. My purpose is to care for my loved ones and bring joy to my home. This includes you. We will work together. This is how it is supposed to be. And for all the difficulties, I can think of no better example to set for our children than we have put forth in this. A willingness to put family first, and unwavering support. Unconditional love, and devotion to duty.

Forever and always yours.
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:11 pm

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Mike has been doing pretty good the last few days. He started tapering off his pain meds and was pretty much down to just taking them at night save for an occasional break through pain. He went to work wednesday night, performed 2 & 1/2 of his 3 hours. He found some of his dexterity and mental sharpness had returned though still nowhere near what they were. Still this provides hope.

He chose to go last night for his palm and tarot readings too. This was going great, until some drunk idiot hit him in the chest. A few times. In all fairness it was good intentions just bad timing. But it left mike doubled over gasping. I wanted to hurt the guy but was more worried about leaving mike. It took mike about an hour to get far eniugh out from under the pain to accept that we were going home. It took about 2 hours to get him home. He seems to be ok, though he swelled up massively again. We had just gotten all his swelling down!!! We are unsure if this has caused a shift in his chest but we do know it sapped all energy and strength out of him. His chest locked itself up so tight that his upper body mobility is pretty much back to where it Was either at the start or Maybe a week after the surgery. I am waiting for him to wake so as to see how he does today. I am really hoping the guy didn't really mess him up.
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Poor guy--praying hard.
anniel

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Oh no! I was painting out of town all weekend and didn't read this until now. How is Mike doing today?????
I love you 
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 pm

What rotten luck! How's he doing?
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 835

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Oh! Just now reading this!!
How're things going?!
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
l!zzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:24 pm

What an bizarre thing to happen after all you've been through, LadyJynx. Did Mike have to go back in to see the doctor? ?
Wishing you both well flower flower 
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Mike has not been in to see the doctor. It seems likely the guy rebroke his healing sternum but it doesn't appear to have shifted. So there is nothing that can be done. It just resets the healing period of 3 months for it and causes a lot of discomfort. Otherwise he is doing well with the exception of having caught a cold. It really sucks for him to cough but even more if he sneezes. It also appears that we have probably lost one of our weekly shows during this healing period and possibly 2 as the second has a new board of directors, but they still have the same manager so we shall see. Since we don't have regular jobs this hurts our income heavily, cutting us back to half what we had coming in.
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Wow, so sorry that happened! Poor Mike to suffer so greatly again. Prayers and well wishes for all of you during the very trying time.
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 pm

I have been speechless the last 24 hours. Yesterday was a strange day. It started out ok. Running a little behind in the morning but nothing to far out of the normal. Then we get word that we will get food help! Yes! A real grocery shopping was long long overdue! The in the afternoon I get word from my lawyer. My son's dad is going to fight the evaluators report and we are going back to court. Again. Ugh. Way to burst my bubble!

But then last night, well a couple months ago we did a charity event for a family that lost their home in a fire. Then they contacted us about a birthday party. We booked the show. Well life struck this family again and resulted in their baby being born premature. They contacted me to cancel or see if I would take payments as the hospital bills had piled up from the care of their new addition. Well this show was for right before the surgery. So mike wasn't really up to par to perform it, but he suggested to me that I use it as an icebreaker/debut for me as a magician at no charge to them. Which I did. I was so nervous I really screwed it up but thank god for improve since I still managed to pull it off! Ok so there is the background, well last night the family contacted me to ask for an ok/ let me know they set up an online fundraiser for us to help with the mountain of bills pouring in! I am overwhelmed. I spent last night individually messaging people from my Facebook asking them to share the page. It would make my life easier to do a public share on my facebook but due to my pending court I would be adding fuel to the fire!

I find myself confused on the subject of posting links. so I am unsure if it is ok to be posting the link here, if it is ok can someone let me know? Otherwise if anyone is interested please let me know and I will give it to you. I am extremely grateful to anyone that is willing to share it for me! Smile
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:52 am

Shared it for you!

And now just giving you a biiiiiggggg hug and lots of love!!
l!zzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Thank you Lizzie!!!
lady jynx

Back to top Go down