Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Emotional week. Sorting it out.

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Emotional week. Sorting it out.

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:35 pm

I am so glad to hear this! Again, it seems like a wonderful blessing for you two to be able to handle this and go through this together - each relying on the other in so many ways.

I love you I love you I love you 
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen lewis on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 pm

My thoughts and wishes are with all three of you.
stephen lewis

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Not to hijack this thread...
but how are YOU doing, my dearest lizzie?!!!!!
I love you 
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:42 am

I made my first tutorial (on facebook) about wuppies Miss Ronnie, and in there you can see me with my short hair, awful english and twinkling eyes!! Very Happy 
Thank you for thinking about me!!xx
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:46 am

Best wishes to you and your family with the surgery. My husband had a triple bypass from major blockages earlier this year. So am hoping for the same outcome for your family as mine. Keep positive.
Peachymango

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Have been off for a bit and just read this thread...My prayers and positive energy to all of you during this time. Its easy to see the love you all have and the strength that comes from it - Peace and Love.
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey's Faces on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Just read this, Thoughts and Prayers are with you!!!
Lacey's Faces

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:42 pm

I survived covering our Thursday shows. It is our busy day in the week. It begins leaving the house at 9 to be able to arrive on time at a summer camp with the performance starting at 1030. Of course just my luck I overslept. I woke up at 9. Chaos and panic get me out the door by 930 and I rush to drop off our daughter. I feel bad as mike wants to go but I insisted that he stay home and rest. Compromising that he can attend our evening show. (Technically the evening is one of his weeklies and one of our longest standing clients. he has preformed for them weekly for years. I am covering it) get Busy Lizzie dropped off with my brother, and head down the road. Only to discover I had forgot the main road out of town is closed for construction. I figure it is better to take the route that adds 5 minutes then to back track the main roads. Wouldn't you know it? They have 3 construction zones I have to wait at. Super stressed at my time and I don't have the sight number. So I call mike and he laughs. I get stressed to easy. He tells me it's ok and just drive. So I do. Hitting 2 more construction zones on the way. I arrive at the location apologizing and begin setting up. then i check my time. Only 10 minutes late! Yeah he knows me to well. But i made it and can now Stress on how I will occupy and entertain 20 kids while painting them. Only I don't have to. The camp counselors have a project planned and the kids are super excited. The project? Making get well cards for mike. There were quite a few kids that declined face painting to have extra time to work on them. They wrote and drew their favorites tricks and one child even drew him from a photo right down to his signature Red Sox baseball cap. I ran a little over on time but didn't care. Headed out to the next site, same camp just their other location. I called to check on mike he was doing ok though a little down at not making the show. I let him know that he was missed but save the cards as a surprise. The next show was a smaller group and none had seen us before. They tend to have different groups each week. The kids are brought to me one at a time. Half way through I receive a message from mike that the doc called. I ask what he said and receive a response that its better to call him. A brush in my hand and child in front of me and now fearing what I am to be told. I quickly wrap up the design (a cheek art tiger) and pick up my phone. As he had posted they wanted to schedule for next week if he was game. Awesome! Just have to wait for the date and time. The counselors are there as I am taking the call (working on another card for mike) and are all excited by the update. Now the kids are filtering in deciding they would rather come in and help the counselors with the card than play on the inflatables. As I am painting the last child the manager comes in wanting to check in on if I want to come back for next week. It is the last week of camp. She lets me know they love us but can bring in someone else if I don't feel up to it as they understand the situAtion. I give her the update and leave it that as long as it doesn't conflict with the surgery I will be there. Promising to let her know as soon as I have a date.homeward bound I check in on mike again and proceed to pick up our daughter. I begin making arrangements for her with my brother and get a call from mike. Doc called back he has all the info but I have to get home before he will tell me. Arrive home get info and posted above I was so happy. Not much down time though as I have to get ready for the next gig. It's out of my norm and comfort zone as it is tarot and palm reading. Mike wants to come support me on my first pro night. I let him as that was the agreement. No time to crash course it I pull on 15 years ago when I used to read for fun in school. I am told I nailed it and he is now looking forward to booking me out. Lol we got home around one AM. He is so proud but the outing did push him a bit. He had a rough night.

lady jynx

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Wow that turned out to be a long one. Lol sorry folks. Just clearing the head space.

I did get some feedback on the late gig. Apparently it has come back to the manager that I nailed the readings. I didn't go in to extreme detail on my readings but apparently caught enough to hold the gig. I feel bad though. I knew the outing had taken a toll on mike butt I was so tired by the time I actually put my feet up that I fell asleep. I didn't mean too, it just happened. Waking up I discover he had a really rough night. He is so proud of me but was up all night. The nights really are hard for him it seems. Always after I fall asleep. I wonder if it is that we are not awake to distract him? It leaves me feeling guilty. I know I shouldn't and that I have to take care of me or I won't be able to take care of him, but I just can't help it.

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:45 am

I have following your posts but wasn't sure what to post. So will just say that Although I don't know u , your both constantly in my thoughts and prayers
Xxxxx
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:26 am

I'm so sorry for all your stress and worry.  And that was one of the most beautiful letters I ever read (from Michael)...I hope someday to meet someone who feels that way about me.
Please allow me to tell you a personal story.  My mom was in her early 70's (way older than MIchael) when she had the EXACT problem Michel did only 3 of her arteries were 95% blocked.  She had had 2 previous strokes, was diabetic (so the risk factor) and had high blood pressure.  She needed open heart surgery to have any chance.  She came through it fine and as they always do, they put her on life support right afterwards.  WE came to see her that night, which was of course, upsetting to see.  There wasn't much we could do for her so we all went home to catch a few hours of sleep.  The next morning we raced back to intensive care to find an empty bed.  We panicked, then the nurse said "she's in her room".  We race back to her regular room, not knowing what to expect and there she is, sitting in a chair, watching TV and eating a REGULAR lunch, with just a few tubes attached to her, a little oxygen tube in her nose and the EKG thing.  She smiled and acted perfectly normal otherwise!!!  WE were like SHOCKED!  BTW, she lived MANY years after that, until 86.  Keep the faith, both of you :-)
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:37 am

So yesterday was a good day. A friend/business associate of ours came over (funny enough his name is also mike). This is the guy that has the dj side of our offerings. He spent a few hours over here learning some of mike's routines. He has offered to help cover where I need. It was great entertainment when as my mike is sitting back going through the running of the children's show and demoing the props, and then while I am prepping the props I start doing his show. He had this look of shock and amazement. You see he had been aware that I had seen his show enough times that I said I could do it. He knew I knew how all the props work. What he didn't realize was that I had his show down to the point of memorizing his "script". It's flexible and slight improv fillers but he was amazed. It was a rough afternoon for him. Comes hand in hand with him doing anything. He is very good about trying to take it easy. However there is a point that is balanced. We are the type to plan for the best, but prepare for the worst. It did make mike feel better to know that I really could do his kids show. There are 2 routines that I am a little rough on. It's sponge balls and coin work. But the rest of the show I can do blind folded. On the flip side mike had a good night and was able to sleep well. We have a big show today but it is one close to his heart. And he won't give it up. Today we preform for the Seattle children's hospital. It is the only show that mike will be doing during all this. An event I cannot deny. Afterwards I have my magicians debut at a friends daughters 4th birthday!

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:08 pm

You're so strong!!!
I have great admiration for both of you, how you're dealing with this situation!
Love and hugs!
l!zzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Thank you Lizzie. I must admit that I admire you too for all you went through and use you as a source of inspiration in my hard moments. In fact it is what gave me the idea of using the forum as my sorting space.

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:09 am

So we have just arrived home. From the days adventures. Chaos, panic and disorder but we survived. First on our agenda was a performance for the children's hospital. The annual picnic for the cranial ???? Um head and facial reconstructive surgery department. (All i knew going in was the childrens hospital) Mike didn't want to let the kids down and insisted on performing. I figured its a hospital, couldn't ask for better back up right? We ended up getting out the door a little late and by the time we got the munchkin dropped off and on the road were looking at being 5 minutes late. Not a huge deal (though I really stress out about time) at least we are going to make it. We have the address programmed in the GPS and follow it out. But when we arrive its a house. This isn't right we are supposed to be at a park! We dear by the park name and find out we aren't even in the right area, we are 30 minutes away. Overshot even! Having been continually stuck behind irritating drivers (seriously the freeway is 65-70 posted not 40!) we are already over 10 minutes late. So off we head to the right location. The only number we have is the office which of course isn't answered. We are about halfway there when our phone rings. They were super understanding about the direction mix up. Turns out they had been running a little behind too and were just excited that we hadn't decided to take off. Arrived a total of 30minutes late from our booking start but nobody is really there yet other than the set up crew. We apologize that we will be unable to do balloons (mike has always done them by mouth and the pump we ordered hasn't arrived yet.) they are absolutely understanding especially with our situation. They can't believe we even showed. Painted none stop. Mike did his strolling for awhile and then sat to entertain my line. We ended up running over which made up for us being late. Picked up our girl and headed out to our next event. Of course we are once again running late. (FYI this is extremely frustrating to me as it seems I have had a real issue with it this week and we are NEVER late. If we aren't 30 min early then I consider us late. To be actually late just doesn't happen) however this party is an exception to our normal. It is a friend's birthday party. We meet a little while ago when I happened on a post from her uncle's home burning down. Mike and I performed a show for the kids then breaking the depression cycle. I posted about it then I believe. So at the time the mom for today's event had been pregnant and ended up having the baby premature. They were just released from the hospital. They contacted me about 2 weeks ago asking if I was available to face paint. Having watched the story unfold, and knowing the situation I set up a package with mike and I for a token fee. They are aware of our typical price and couldn't believe the quote so she jumped on it ready to cry. Sunday evening I received a message looking to cancel the show as they just couldn't have the funds, then a follow up inquiring a possibility of payment arrangements. Now keep in mind that we were invited as guests to begin with and they are still asking us to attend even if we don't preform. After a discussion with mike who I am sure you can guess wasn't feeling well as this is less than 12 hours from having me take him in, we make a new offer. If they are willing to accept an adjustment to the agreement and let me perform my first magic show instead of mike performing we will do the show at no cost. I need an ice breaker. Watched and set up his show for years, never performed or actually worked/practiced the routines. Figured I had time to get the hang of it. Funny how life threw that off huh? So we show up. And for the first time ever mike watched me do his show, well almost the first 2 routines are balls and coins which I do not have the skill set for, yet. Again I have never gotten the chance to "practice" any of it. And the event has been well informed of our situation too. Actually they were more expecting us not to be there even though I had said I was going to try. Needless to say they were ecstatic that we showed even if we did end up late. And so mike and I opened the show together. Mike had to rescue me in this as I was so nervous. Then mike preformed the opening routines. Even setting me up as my first time.

Now I have to admit after 6 years I have seen his children's show more times than I can count. I have it memorized inside and out, even if I have to work on a few things. But watching him today just really struck hard. He loves performing for children and it really shines through. I couldn't help it. I fought back tears. No good! I am standing behind him. Participating with the kids, and about to go all sobby snotty faced. He hasn't even finished the first routine. I slip off the performance area and out of the room. i am mot the focus at the moment so nobody notices. I grab some napkins and dry my eyes. A few deep breathes to compose and back into professional. Back behind him by the middle of the second routine. This is all in a window of less than 5 min. I think I did well. So on the wrap up off the balls he passes to me. Well I did the show minor glitches and all. Never stopped or slipped even as things don't work perfect. But I just include the events making them part of the show. In the end each oops moment entertained the kids more and more. It started to take on a life of its on as a "magician in trouble" nothing extreme. In fact discussing the event there is likely to be a change in some of the presentation to include them. Even mike was entertained as I performed HIS routine. I think I know where to start as I develop this new undertaking. He said it was pretty cool. So now we settle in for a hopefully quiet evening.

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:10 am

Sorry didn't mean to write a novel!

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:41 am

You write it so well! I could actually see you doing all those 'oops'!
And yes... I can imagine you get emotional when you realize the 'normal' things, you took for granted, are so special and loved.

And thank you for your lovely words! Yes, sometimes you need a moment to share your worries, just to sort them out!

Xxx
l!zzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:29 am

So another good night! Although I am a little nervous. I have not told my older 2 kids about what is going on. Both of them are in California with their dads. My oldest spends the summers there and I am still trying to get my son back through the courts. Nether dad is particularly um, supportive or equipped to be able to help the kids in the situation. They would struggle to even "be there" for them. My kids are wonderful and extremely tender hearted. Mike came into our lives when the boy was a baby and the oldest was about 7. Well waking up this morning I discovered that the oldest has been on her Facebook, her dad hasn't allowed her to go on the whole time she has been down there but she is at her grandma's now until she returns on Tuesday. Mike has been posting there. I am thankful that if she is to learn of the situation she is there. Her grandma loves us and will be a good support for her. She still considers me her daughter. I had intended on going over everything with my big girl when I pick her up from the airport. I didn't want to worry her while she was away. And she really does worry, she has had an adult sense of responsibility from a very young age. I was hoping that she has the time to enjoy her family that she sees twice a year. I have laid some ground work with her over the last week. She knows i have started preforming shows, and is so excited to learn to paint faces and be able to work with me. Also mike and I have been looking at designing a mother/daughter comedy show. And of course when I told her she was extatic already planning her responses to the imagery I laid out. She is a born performer and a natural clown. All of 14 she looks and acts more in her 20's. I presented everything in an in case mike is unavailable approach. I know she will understand, I just hope she isn't too upset...

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 am

Today is mike's birthday! We have a long time friend coming to visit and help get things a little more in order around the house. Having just moved into our new place before all this, well the house is a mess. We only made it half way through unpacking when all this hit. I have a lot to do to get it ready for when mike comes home, and hoping to surprise him with his office when he is up and about again. In the meantime we have today. Smile so we have the answer to one worry. He made it to his birthday. Now to make it to the surgery!

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 am

Just found this thread & will be praying for you two. The love you have for each other & your family, is so important now & always. Lizzie is right. So many of us have been able to vent & get support in a safe place here on the FPF. Close your eyes & feel the love!
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 839

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Have a happy birthday, Mike!
And a lot of new birthdays to following this one!!
l!zzie

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Yes, Happy Birthday to Michael!Still praying~
anniel

Number of posts : 2316
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Happy Happy Birthday Mike!
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:52 am

So it has been a busy few days since my last post.

Mike's birthday went well. We had a friend that drove up from California to for a visit that lasted less than 24 hours before he had to leave so he could drive back in time for work. While he was here he helped establish the path back into the woods that mike has been trying to do since we moved in to our house a couple months ago.

I picked up the oldest from the airport on Tuesday afternoon and filled her in on everything. I can not express how proud I am of her with how she has stepped up to back us up. From taking on extra chores to keeping an eye on things while I am working to spending the last 2 days practicing face painting in the hope that she can fill in for me while I fill in for mike.

Yesterday was an early morning for us as we had to checking at the hospital for mike's pre-op day by 6:30 and meet with people from every department that will be part of mike's care team. From the surgeons, to nutrition, to anesthesia, to nurses, and more. A new face and new department was in there less than 5 minutes after the previous left. We got out a little after 1:30 by the time the talking, tests, and scans were done.

After a quick stop at the store, we hurried home and I switched mike for the oldest, running her up to the school so she could get enrolled in her classes. Again very proud of her with the classes she picked and her flexibility when some choices were unavailable. I think she will enjoy this year.

A short trip home and then we finished off our errands. Cut it a little tight on time to get to my latest undertaking of learning to dj. I was scheduled to begin my training/shadowing at 6:30 pm for naughty bingo and then a second event of trivia at 830 at another location. My day ended with me getting home at about midnight.

Morning came all to quickly though with my 9 departure for the last week of our summer camp gigs. I was extremely nervous going in. You see our arrangements for this event were that we would offer something different each week for the kids that were repeats. Typically I was face painting on alternating weeks while mike offered up a different magic show everytime. But when mike went down last week they were wonderful about me filling in with a simple face painting event even though I had face painted the week before. However I knew I needed to do something more. So I stepped in with mike's "big box" children's show and a prayer I didn't completely blow it. Well I managed. Sure I made a few mistakes but was able to improve covers on them. Nobody caught anything and I was able to pull off the whole show, even if I cut a few routines short. Having discovered I could pull off a few of the basic balloons on Monday that was the follow up. Try as I might, it was all monkeys, flowers and swords. I learned the pumps we picked up are horrible. It hasn't seemed so bad when I had been playing around at home, but trying to blow up 3 balloons took forever. The kind staff members took pity on me and offered to inflate some with the tanks. I accepted. I was already running over on time and starting to worry about making the next show. Things went much faster after that though I still ended up almost an hour over by the last balloon.

Lucky me lunch is scheduled in between the two shows so I was able to make it to the next camp on time. Only to discover they in turn are running behind! No worries for me it allows me time to set up. The staff are all excited to see me do magic. I understand the first one called them! Then they posted to mike's page!! Well wouldn't you know that when the kids are told there is to be a magic show they get all upset because they want face painting? Staff looks exhausted and helpless. What's an entertainer to do? The magic show is set up, but my paints are in the car... So I descretely get the person in charge and inform her of such. It is up to them which they want me to do. Magic and balloons? Face painting? I am even willing to try balloons and face painting though I know it will be a handful and I am likely to run a little over. But these guys have been so supportive and willing to work with me during all this. I really wanted to do right by them. I don't know many places that would have taken the chance knowing I had never done any of it. The staff gave the options to the kids and so it became balloons and face painting. They sent them in to the jump room and fed them toe one or two at a time. Even working off that awful pump, I ended up finishing on time to the adjustment. Meeting our agreement and finishing off our summer booking.

I called in tonight on the palm and tarot with full support from the venue.

Tomorrow is mike's big day. We have to be checked in by 530 in the morning. Surgery starts at 730. About 12-13 hours from now I should be talking to the surgeon and hearing how it went.

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:16 am

Thinking of you and sending wishes of a successful surgery. Take care of yourself, lady jynx.

xoxo
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top