Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from Maryland!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Maryland!

Post by notacat on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:25 am

Hello again! My name is Sammie. I've never facepainted before, but it looks like fun! I'd also like to facepaint at a birthday party or something as a kind of sidejob but I'm not entirely sure how to advertise. I won't be able to start for a few weeks at least so I think I can get the hang of basic painting techniques by then, but I've never done any advertising of this sort before. Could I start just by posting flyers at places in my town?
notacat

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Maryland!

Post by stephen lewis on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi notacat and welcome to the forum. Yes, you could try the flyer routine and of course tell all your friends and everyone you meet that you will be offering facepainting. Word will spread around. While you're preparing, be sure to check through the threads on this forum, there is so much information here that will help you. Also be sure to check the "Face Paint Forum Shop" (rainbow banner at top of the page) for supplies. Best of luck.
stephen lewis

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:16 am

Hi and welcome. What kind of paints do you have? I'd recommend using FDA compliant paints like the ones sold here at the Face Paint Forum shop (see the rainbow rectangle above).

If you haven't really painted before, I guess I'm not really sure what kind of flyers you would want to make? What are you planning on advertising?

There is a place here on the forum for newbies to post pictures of their work. This is a great way to get ideas, learn from others, get advice and such in a non-judgmental setting.
Kris5115

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Face/Off on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Welcome and good luck in your new project!

Face/Off

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-08-29

http://www.faceoffpainters.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top