Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

another newbi table feedback needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

another newbi table feedback needed

Post by Russet on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Yet another new person here. My roommate is helping me with supplies, and we were talking about a table for once I start painting at events. He remembered this old camper cooking table thing. It is all aluminum and folds rather flat. It is new has been in the original plastic wrap this whole time, but he has been keeping it around for quite a few years. Once I get the hang of putting it together, it will be a quick set up. And it is a rather quick take down. I also plan on making a little flag of sorts to hang off the far top bar.  It has 2 surfaces that are planks of aluminum that snap down 2 snaps on each bar of the frame, but table cloth will even out the issue of smaller brushes falling into the cracks between planks. Then there is a taller piece that hits about eye level that is a little solid shelf that snaps onto the frame the plank tables connect on. This piece has little holes drilled in it on the back underside with little white hooks. The middle is a long bar for paper towels, and on each side there is a lone hook for utensils or what not. I am going to have my sponge bags there, clean on the right, dirty on the left I am thinking. Connected to this is a little flag poll, we think it was designed for utensils as well, but I turn it backwards and am going to put my little personal flag up there. On top of this shelf, I will keep my wet wipes and paints I might need in a hurry if something on the main shelf is running low. Gonna find a decent sized safe light mirror and find a way to clip it to the right side of the stand, will probably have a little hand mirror for if I do torso art and people wanna see their back. At the moment I will be using a simple locking folding stool for people to sit on while I paint them or for me to sit on if I am painting torsos. What do people think?

There are more pictures in the face-painting set on my flickr account, at the moment only the table thing. Guess I can't post a link or picture since I am new. I have a flickr account, names Russetfox. I will post the link in a week when I am allowed to.
Russet

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: another newbi table feedback needed

Post by fesspenter on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:14 pm

I use a camp kitchen on multi-day events.
I hang a solar shower bag on that upper hook and drain the nozzle into the sink, for a hand washing station.
I hang my BAM stencils & water bottle on the kitchen utensil hooks. I stuck Velcro to the upper shelf and the bottom of my paint brush holder & water containers.
I have trimmed a piece of Coroplast to fit over the frame where the propane stove would be placed.

I can place a mirror at the backside of the camp kitchen shelf facing out to the public, away from me.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey's Faces on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Oh, Fess do you have a pic of your camp kitchen by chance? That sounds like a sweet setup!
Lacey's Faces

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Sigh.
I am married to a photographer.
Of course I do NOT have any pictures.
The last day of our big event, I kept telling the team I wanted to take a picture of us and our 10'x20' tent. As soon as I said that.... they all scattered to get coffee/go to the washroom.
Next time I set up with the camp kitchen will be September 28th.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:23 am

Very Happy can't you set the table up at home and take a picture yourself, just to show us? Wink Very Happy

Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:25 am

has my thread been hijacked?

I get my paints Friday! I got brushes today woot! Once I get my paints and stuff, I will be making a video of my set up and stuff!
Russet

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top