Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Cleaning supplies useing hard well water????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleaning supplies useing hard well water????

Post by Russet on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:56 am

The house I live in, we are lucky to have a well, but the water up here in Alaska, while good, the filter and age of the house leaves stuff to be desired. The water has a sulfur smell and in some areas of the house a noticeable rust ring around the drain. The bathroom sink I use to clean things does not have the rust ring, it is mostly the tubs. I got me a gallon of distilled water for when I paint and stuff, but should I invest in packaged water for cleaning as well.
Russet

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cleaning supplies useing hard well water????

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 am

I use distilled/bottled water for working, but do wash in tap water. Too expensive to wash with it too... adds a ton to your overhead costs.

If the water is safe for drinking even if you don't drink it, it should be safe to wash with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:00 pm

okay, I can't stand drinking the water, but yeah it don't kill me or my roommates grandkids and we go through between the 6 of us like a gallon and a half sometimes of tea made with it.

I am mostly just worried if eventually rust might start effect my brushes?
Russet

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top