Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Greetings from the Sunny State of Alaska...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings from the Sunny State of Alaska...

Post by gnelson on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Hello, please allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Greg Nelson, I'm currently 43 years old and I've been dabbling (somewhat infrequently) in face painting for almost a decade now, and like most artists out there, I am my own worst critic. Nearly everyone around me praises me for some of the work that I do, when I feel that my work is not up to par and, well frankly, crap... of course I see every single one of my own mistakes and imperfections... that and I really don't do it regularly enough to be very fluid or quick in my work. (It isn't my full-time job/primary source of income)

Anyway, I was born/raised in Alaska, in and around the south central Anchorage area (Kenai Peninsula). I got pulled into face painting when my girlfriend at the time (now wife) needed help with running a face painting booth at a forth of July (Independence Day) celebration.

Later in life, I ended up joining and becoming quite active in the Lion's clubs in Alaska, which provided an additional venue to get involved with community service and help out at various school carnivals and community picnics. (incl. face painting among other things).

gnelson

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings from the Sunny State of Alaska...

Post by Valerie A on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Welcome to the forum, Greg!
A lot of us newbies post pictures over in the "New to Face Painting" section to start with, then branch out from there. There is a "Show and Tell” #1, 2, 3 and right now "Show and Tell August 2013 - ?"...love to have you!   Very Happy (and most everyone is shy to start with, but don't worry, it is VERY supportive!!)
NOT that you are a newbie, since you've been doing it off and on for ten years, but it is a comfortable place to start posting pictures on the forum. Love to have you there!
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Welcome to the Forum, gnelson!
If you go into your Profile, above, you can post your location, so it is easier for other Face Painters to connect with you and include you in their jams, split paint orders with you, and share paint orders.

Happy painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:55 pm

What Lisa said Very Happy ....and I've noticed that sometimes when people ask a question, the answer can be different depending on the location. You don't have to be totally specific about the location if you don't want to, just general, like 'Alaska' would help.
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by gnelson on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:01 pm

I don't have very many pictures of my work... I tend to not take too many pictures while working. But I'll post some latter to show ... after I get them uploaded off my phone.

gnelson

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Will look forward to it! It can be pesky painting AND taking pictures. Plus the 'privacy' issue on posting other people...I took some of my pictures off after I realized affraid I should have gotten signed permission before I posted them.
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top