Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Wolfe New Formula?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wolfe New Formula?

Post by mpwifey on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:22 am

Some are saying that Wolfe has recently changed their formula and it may be goopy. I love Wolfe for my line work and if it has changed and become goopy it won't be as good for that. Has anyone bought some lately. I am doing my restock and want to make sure that I am not getting something that will be useless to me. I have an event where I am doing 30 or so sugar skulls right before Halloween so I need to know. Very Happy 
mpwifey

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-05-25

http://www.facebook.com/fantachicetc

Back to top Go down

Re: Wolfe New Formula?

Post by fesspenter on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Dear mpwifey:
I noticed that Wolfe white and black became goopy gloppy blobby globs IN THE HEAT.
Wolfe still performs well at regular room temperature.
What has sent me on a search for a new brand is Wolfe's response to my query regarding the change.... Wolfe responded that the formula with the eye on it had NOT changed, in a badly misspelled letter. It had changed. It changed just before the eye was stamped on it. I did not like being lied to.
I have since been trying different white paints.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by mpwifey on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Darn! I really was hoping otherwise. Thanks for the info! I have the older version without the eye stamped on it and it's awesome.
mpwifey

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-05-25

http://www.facebook.com/fantachicetc

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvs to paint on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:31 pm

i've just recently started using ben nye magicakes white and black. not so much the black, I still haven't run out of my wolfe. The white, I am well pleased with. it hasn't gone goopy on me during the last 2 festivals...humid, hot weather. it's a different texture and there is some learning curve to get it to the right consistency, but so far so good. I like it.
Luvs to paint

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:01 pm

The Wolfe white is still okay to use, mostly. But no matter how dry the basecoat and how quickly and lightly the linework is done over it, the lines now become the color of the basecoat. No more crisp white lines over my blue swirl design. Still looks pretty. Wish it covered though.

Both white and black are different to handle, and not as slick and fun as in the past.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:42 am

hi mpwifey, I don't know if you read this thread or not, but here is a discussion about the Wolf b/w from August that you might glean some more info from:
http://www.facepaintforum.com/t14873-wolfe-bros-reply-to-me-about-their-new-black-and-white
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:03 am

the wolfe is great in the cooler autumn months!!!

as soon as it gets warm though, it gets soft like snaz.

but i'm used to snaz, so it doesn't bother me much-just ANNOYING because i expect this from snaz but not from wolfe!
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by a_better_man_now on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:52 am

JJJJJ wrote:The Wolfe white is still okay to use, mostly. But no matter how dry the basecoat and how quickly and lightly the linework is done over it, the lines now become the color of the basecoat. No more crisp white lines over my blue swirl design. Still looks pretty. Wish it covered though.

Both white and black are different to handle, and not as slick and fun as in the past.
ahhhh...i was wondering why my white swirls and lines were so crisp and contrasting to the background color when i painted them, and then faded looking when i took photos after i was done.... like this:

a_better_man_now

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top