Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Help with 2 color cake choices...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with 2 color cake choices...

Post by ediesbeads on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:10 am

Hey all,

I recently ordered several basic 32 gram cakes and I want to cut them each in half, put together several half and half cakes, then use the other halves to make one strokes or rainbow cakes.

What combos should I make for the 2 color cakes?  I'm hoping to use the two color splits as two color one strokes, plus use the individual colors.  I thought that was a good way to make the best use of my set, and still have paint I can divide into little multi-color one stroke combos.

I will have blue, light blue, yellow, red, purple, lavender, orange, green, light green, sea green,  white, black, grey, brown, pink, fucshia, and neon magenta.  They are all DFX.  No shimmers yet.  Those will be next.

Yes, it's an uneven number... but suggestions anyway?

Also wanted to add I will soon have several 1.5 inch square shallow containers from my bead supplier to put the small cakes in.
ediesbeads

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with 2 color cake choices...

Post by barbb919 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:16 pm

light green and dark green
dark pink lite pink
black and white
gray and white
yellow and neon yellow
yellow and lite green
purple and lite purple
look at the face paint forum shop on there 2 color cakes...and go from there
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:42 pm

I've been splitting up my paints for a few years now. What barb says is good, however,don't split up the black and white. Those are the colours you use in almost every design, both with sponge and brushes
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:06 pm

I only split the yellow and orange, yellow and green, pink and purple, and purple and light blue. Everything else is solid because I need for bases.
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 pm

Splitting is a really good way to save room in your kit and have twice as many colors and I thought I would use them as you are describing but I'm too addicted to the look of rainbows and one-strokes. I made everything into rainbows except my pearl orange/yellow and gold/copper for tigers and cheetahs. I even made boy rainbows that you can see in the split cake challenge that Metina held last month.

PS: I started using Starblends a lot for full animal and boy faces too so that cut down on my need for solid colors in paints. Here's a picture of my new kit.

Last edited by Denise Cold on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS)
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:34 am

Denise, can you bring your kit to my house for a party this weekend? I'm going to use it replace my hors d'oeuvres tray, since it looks so beautiful and most likely tastes even yummier ...

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top