Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Mona Lisa Power Wash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mona Lisa Power Wash

Post by JennyNixe on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:58 am

If you ever took art in school, you're probably familiar with Mona Lisa's signature product, Pink Soap. Just the smell takes me back to Mrs. Peterson's room at Fairview Elementary School. Most of the time, Pink Soap works fine for my brushes, but many of my favorites have been seeming kind of worn out lately, losing their tips and splitting out. This is probably because I am not the greatest about washing my brushes after a gig.

Anyway, Power Wash was advertised as a way to get dried paint out of synthetic brushes. I decided to give it a try on my worn brushes before replacing them. I thought it was a soap-like product, but it's much thinner. There are no instructions on the bottle, so I put a few drops in my palm and scrubbed the brush around. I was shocked by how much paint came out, even from my "clean" brushes! Bristles that I thought were permanently discolored came out looking brand new, even the white ones. Some of the dirtier brushes took a couple of scrubs, but after rinsing and shaping, all my brushes work so much better. The only complaint I have is because it's so thin, I use quite a bit for each brush. There could be a more efficient way to use it, though.

If you're looking for a way to refresh and rehabilitate your brushes, give Power Wash a try. It runs about $13 for an 8 ounce bottle.
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Mona Lisa Power Wash

Post by Kammy on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:36 pm

You just made me order some. Thankee! Very Happy 
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:31 pm

You're very welcome, Kammy! I like your mask!
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 am

Thank you, JennyNixe! Smile I was in the mood for some bling one evening, so started painting and that's what came out of my mind and onto my face. Love me some Liquid Bling...
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by saloner on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:52 am

jenny I wonder if it would work to clean sponges? Will you let me know. I just hate my stained sponges
saloner

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-04-18

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintnmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top