Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Introduction and hi

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduction and hi

Post by Raven Wylder on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi,
I've been lurking for about a month now, just reading, laughing, and learning.  Figured it was time to introduce myself and say, hi!   Very Happy 

I never really paid attention to face painting before but then my work had a bring your child to work day.  Of course my daughter wanted her face painted.  I’m sorry I didn't even think to grab a card or get a name but the face painter put this awesome neon butterfly on her face.  I was completely entranced.  It was so cool and she made it look so easy! Hahahahaa… I know looks can be deceiving (I also play with glass - and I know how things can look easy but its not) but I was already a goner.    I read up on what items I need and figured for immediate gratification I could just get a snazeroo pack from Michaels and see if that’ll be the end of it.  Nope.  It was just too much fun – I did a butterfly, a puppy and my daughter loved it.  I loved doing it, plus she had the biggest smile and was showing it off to everyone.  It made my day.

Luckily, due to this forum, I found Metina’s shop.  Yesterday, I received my first order - I'm hoping it satisfies me for now.  I don't know why, but for some reason, I always tend to gravitate towards expensive hobbies!   It’s her birthday on Saturday and I can’t wait to practice on her again and maybe some of her friends w/ my new paint.  Smile  

Anyway, wanted to say thanks to everyone for the wealth of information here.  What a great forum, so glad I found you guys!

Sheryll

Raven Wylder

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction and hi

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Sheryll! It is, indeed, a wonderful resource, unlike any other I've found.

Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Welcome! Sounds like you are hooked, ha ha...its easy to fall in love, its so much fun. Enjoy the forum and have fun. Lots of amazing and helpful folks here.

veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Raven Wylder!
If you go into your Profile, above, in type in your general location, it will be easier for you to be noticed by your local face painters and invite you to a Jam.
There is a thread for you to post and share your art work to a kind, warm, non-judgemental audience called Show and Tell.
There is a game of TAG! You're it! Where we are playing Face Paint Tag.

Happy Painting!

fesspenter

Number of posts : 3321
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Wylder on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:50 am

Thanks everyone! I'll update my profile now. Thanks for the directions. Do you guys know if there's a way to change the background color? I'm having a hard time reading gray on black.
Fessy (I hope you don't mind me calling you that?), I've been following Tag you're it, love all the creations but it's way out my league. Complete newbie.

Raven Wylder

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen lewis on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Welcome to the forum.

stephen lewis

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:15 am

Welcome SheryllRavenWylder!
As Fesspenter mentioned...A lot of us newbies post pictures over in the "New to Face Painting" section to start with, then branch out from there. There is a "Show and Tell” #1, 2, 3 and now “Show and Tell August – October 2013”...love to have you!   Very Happy (and most everyone is shy to start with, but don't worry, it is VERY supportive!!)
Hope you will join us and not just say hello and disappear. Wink

Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top