Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Advertising

Go down

Advertising

Post by PNColwell on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:40 pm

I know there's a million and one threads on advertising questions. I have been reading through them over the past few months. I just launched my website. I've been designing and creating all my own flyers, posters, business cards and post cards ( I will post examples when finished.) I just wanted to know if there are any tips about advertising anyone would like to share. Maybe specific sites that have been helpful to you or what is worth paying for and what isn't.
Also I am in the New York, Brooklyn area.

Here is the website:
http://whiskersandwingsbodyart.paigencolwell.com/

PNColwell

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Advertising

Post by Valerie A on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Cute website, Paige.
I know this subject has been covered in different threads. I think I saw them in the "General Face Painting" section. If you scan the threads, I'm sure you will find something there.
If you go to google and type in "face paint forum" then the subject you are interested in you can find more things on the forum than thru the forum search box.

This is an older one I found by doing that: http://www.facepaintforum.com/t4170-need-ideas-on-getting-more-business

Just a suggestion, it is just my opinion--and I am a newbie, so take it what it's worth...on the intro to your website the paint is very colorful and eye catching, and it might give the impression that you are painting with paints that are not safe for the skin.

I was thinking maybe you could take a picture of your face paints instead of the non-facepaint. Your kit paints would be colorful/beautiful and eye catching too and parents/potential clients would not think you use regular paint. Just an idea....
flower
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PNColwell on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Ah yes! Thank you indeed for your feedback. That is actually the plan for that image. The image there now is a place holder.

PNColwell

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:48 pm

If it is free... go for it.

I've never paid for advertising locally.

I spend money on professional materials and do my own marketing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum