Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Different Brush Brands have different sizes!!

Go down

Different Brush Brands have different sizes!!

Post by Cylajen on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:48 am

Hi all, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread but I've looked everywhere and can't find another one...
I'm finding it hard to order new brushes online because the sizes aren't standard between brands. I found out that Loew Cornell brushes are numbered in millimeters (#2 = 2mm diameter), but can't seem to find info on other brands. I have TAG at the moment, and want to get an idea on how they compare to others like Royal. Anyone have any suggestions on where I should look next? Thanks in advance!

Cylajen

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Different Brush Brands have different sizes!!

Post by nikkili26 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:28 am

The sizes are  the same. The difference is the materials, how they are bound, how Deeply they're inserted before being glued, the springiness of the fibers.

I use the clear white royal, the comfort grip brown leow Cornell and the black 7000 series leow Cornell.the royal looks like a Fox tail after awhile.bad for dots but great for tear drops.the Leo's comfort looks like a bell.I don't use it unless im out of brushes.it's good for regular canvas painting because it holds a lot of paint, but not for facepainting.

I highly recommend 7000 series leow Cornell. Use coupons from the craft store and the price gets very manageable.
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:32 am

I really like the loew-Cornell 7000c rounds. I do not like the soft confort rounds, the tip isn't the right shape for regular teardrops but alright for some petals and such, the number 4's I picked up are the only ones I was kinda okay with. Sad I bought them but now are backups as well.
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down