Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

LLC, insurance and FPBAA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LLC, insurance and FPBAA

Post by ssshaffstall on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi everyone,

My business is starting to pick up and I do have a business license and I was wondering about LLC, insurance and joining the FPBAA and how do I join that organization.

1) how many of you are LLC and do you recommend it on a small scale.
2) What type of insurance should I carry and how much and what is the standard cost?
3) How many who here are actually members of the FPBAA?

What I have found is that once people in my area find out I am a face painter my name has gotten out. But also people who think face paint consist of drawing with eyeliner on kids faces and maybe glitter tattoos and nothing much else for extremely cheap. How do you handle this. I am a licensed cosmetologist and I use all the standard Louisiana regulations for disinfection and sanitation which does set me apart but I am a new be and trying to improve on my artistic skills also any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any information and advice

Samantha
ssshaffstall

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: LLC, insurance and FPBAA

Post by thouartbeautiful on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Definitely inform the public as to why you are different from the rest, education, achievements, product and gigs...) and even educate on what products parents should avoid putting on their child's face. If you give quality and service, people will see your value.
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ssshaffstall on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks for the advice
ssshaffstall

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:04 pm

have you gone to fabatv.com yet?

I just got "turned on to" it, and omg, it has already increased my artistic ability and creativity in just ONE DAY.

The best part about it is the pro's not only teach you the technique, they EXPLAIN the theory BEHIND it.

Already, in one day, I have learned the theory BEHIND why we do lines "thin to thick"...not just for the crispness, but because the thin lines create the illusion of highlight and the thick lines create the illusion of shadow-just knowing this has helped me construct a more consistent flow to my designs.
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum