Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Kammy's café

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kammy's café

Post by Creabella on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Michael Magick wrote:lmfao it always goes back to chocolate hahahahah
Yep! And don't you forget it! Wink

lol!
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 am

EVERYTHING goes back to chocolate, Michael. It's a basic tenet of life. Wink

Today, my breast hurts. It's a myth that breast cancer doesn't cause pain - it sometimes does. Can we get this thing out of me already, pretty please? It kept me awake last night!!

On the other hand, I'm feeling pretty chipper today. Smile

Kammy x
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:58 am

How awful to know it's there and have to wait to get it out. I'm thinking of you.
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Soory to hear that! Waiting is always a drag! Especially in times like this!
Hold on girl!

Sending you lots of hugs!
Creabella

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:59 pm

On one hand, I'm w/Mike. The fear comes when I do something & I feel a pain. The Dr's scare the living daylight out of you & then you have to wait. Since we have to wait anyhow, Kammy...I get what Mike's saying. He decided to not let the fear take up his time. He consciously focused on the smiles, the hot cup of tea, a child's hug...etc.
  On the other hand, w/out warning, the fears still come. When the stress wakes me up at night...when I look at my grandchildren playing or my husband crying, my answer is prayer. I tell Him...I need to sleep, or help me be calm & enjoy my family...or please help my husband...I'm SO sorry he's so worried. If you don't have a faith, you might call this self hypnosis. I don't care . Just KNOW that you are much more powerful than you think. Your positive thoughts, deep-breathing & relaxation techniques will really alter your mind & therefore your body, on a deep physiological level. NOW, I really wish you were here so we all could give you a hug, but your virtual "Kammy's Cafe" will have to do. Powerful love abounds here...& chocolate, cookies, kitties, puppies, Margaritas & great music. {{{HUGS}}}  Pat
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:19 am

Today is the day you get the results isn't it? Thinking of you.
nancy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:29 pm

I've had a long day, and I'm wayyyyy too tired to type all of this out again. So....I'm going to come into Kammy's Cafe (snazzy name, don't you think...?), grab a cuppycake and a latte, pop a cookie through the hole in Fessy's box* and just copy/paste the whole tale from my cancer centre blog. Wink Sorry.

-------------

We arrived at the breast unit at 11am this morning, thinking we'd have the meeting soon afterwards. Nottttt so. It works out all the patients coming by for results are given the same time to arrive (???!?!??) and then just wait around to be seen. Cue over 1.5 hours of agonising waiting, eased somewhat by a good book and the tea-pushing and very caring support of a couple of women from Reach For Recovery.

By the time I got into the surgeon's office, I was almost pulling my hair out - not a fact, in itself, that particularly bothered me since at the last consultation it was thought I'd be starting chemo soon, anyway.

So I sat down, and tried not to say anything. No, really - I tried......and failed. In the end, I just asked him to let me know one little thing, which was at the same time the biggest thing in the world:

Were they aiming treatment at a cure, or just at controlling the cancer?

Apart from the day my son was born healthy and strong, I don't think I've ever felt such relief in my life as the moment he said that my cancer is treatable, and that they'll be aiming to cure it. Honestly, after that I didn't much care what else I'd have to go through. I just needed to know that I have a chance of turning into a crabbit little old lady, with a middle-aged son, in the future.

The upshot of all of this is that I have primary invasive ductal carcinoma. Grade 2. No sign of metastases and no cancer cells found in the lymph node that fluid was removed from. While they won't know for sure whether there's any lymphatic involvement until mastectomy time, that's about as reassuring as it gets at this point.

I have two tumours, both quite large (5cm and 4cm), and they're hormone receptive.

All of this information means that there's been a reconsideration of the order of my treatments. I'm starting Tamoxifen in the morning - yay for instant menopause. Then I need an MRI scan of both breasts, just to make sure there's no cancer in the left one as my relative youth means that the mammograms and other tests, whilst reassuring so far, weren't quite clear enough. After that it's onwards and upwards to mastectomy in January, followed by chemo and almost certainly radiotherapy.

I have some decisions to make - whether to have reconstruction at the time, and if so which sort, whether to have the other breast removed as a preventive measure as I'm quite young - but hormone treatment and a number of follow-up dates are now in motion, so I feel like things are finally mving onwards.

Short of a miracle or finding out that this whole thing was a dreadful mistake ("No, miss, it was just a big glob of mud on the mammography screen, it's not really cancer, what a jape, eh??"), this is really about the best result we could've hoped for today. Yes, I have cancer. Yes, it's serious. But so far (touch wood) it doesn't seem to have spread beyond the breast it's pretty much taken over. I've a tough road ahead, but I'm actually feeling a lot brighter and ready for a fight with it.

Now to get through any side-effects with the hormone therapy. Hey ho.

Kammy xx

*She's been suspiciously quiet. That worries me. It usually means she's plotting something.
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Also, thank you again for all your kind wishes and thoughts. I really did feel supported while I was going through that horrific waiting period today, and at least I know exactly what's going on now. <3
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:03 pm

I'm glad you have options for treatment and is so far contained. What a huge relief it must be for you. Definitely not an easy process but there's hope in a positive outcome.  My mother in law just got done with her treatments (mastectomy and chemo) and its so far 2 years gone.  Best of luck on your stressful journey and I'm thinking of you.
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Thanks for your update. I'm so glad for you that you know now what's gonna happen, though it's a tough road
nancy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Oh Kammy, that is some sort of relief, knowing how and what will be done....

You go and fight for it girl! But not tonight, now you relax of this exhausting day, and let us spoil you with tea, coffee, cookies, fudges, margarita's and so on..... And offcourse lots of hugs and love from us all!

Xoxoxo
Creabella

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:41 pm

This is the best news possible. LOVE your attitude! ...& so it begins. Hugs & Kisses
Affordable Face Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Oh Kammy!
I am so glad you brought your breasts to the appointment!
If you need to pull out your hair...start with the chest hair.
Also...I don't have any actual experience when I try to illuminate your reconstruction, so take my advice with a grain of salt...don't try to do the reconstruction operation on yourself. There are surgeons who would do that for you, and they seem to get quite miffed when people try to do it themselves.

xoxo
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:18 pm

fesspenter wrote:Also...I don't have any actual experience when I try to illuminate your reconstruction, so take my advice with a grain of salt...don't try to do the reconstruction operation on yourself.  There are surgeons who would do that for you, and they seem to get quite miffed when people try to do it themselves.
Why thank you, Milady Fessalina, I shall remember that indeed! Thing is, Matt seems to have some....unique ideas for how my reconstruction should go.

He's voting to have beer kegs installed in the space left from the breast removal.

I told him I'm game, but HE'S the one who has to ask my surgeon.

Kammy xx

P.S. I get to keep the lush chest hair for a few more months, which is very useful in our cool Scottish winters. xoxox <- Not Jesus Things.
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Chest hairs get in the beer.
Yuk.
xoxo
Not Jesus Thongs.
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Things.
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:30 pm

fesspenter wrote:Chest hairs get in the beer.
Yuk.
xoxo
Not Jesus Thongs.
Haha, Jesus thongs...hmmm.  I will not mention the keg replacement to my boyfriend, he might want me to have treatment without anything needing to be fixed...
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:43 am

Q: What did Jesus wear on his feet?

A: Jesus thongs, of course.

Q: What did Jesus wear under his robes?

A: Damned if I know - probably nothing. He was a hippie, you know.

Laughing 
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:33 am

I'm having a wobble again. Had a big cry last night, convinced that all my years of accepting my body (was treated for an eating disorder years ago, and severe body issues) were for nothing because I'm going to have unmatching breasts - reconstruction on one side means different textures/appearance - I'll look awful and that I'm never going to be able to accept the way I look again. Managed to convince myself that Matt will hate the way I look, despite his reassurances to the contrary, which didn't exactly help.

Gah. How shallow is that, in the greater scheme of things???

In any case, not much to be done about it, frankly.
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:21 am

Dear Kammy:
If I were in your shoes...
I really don't know how I would feel...
Probably like being inside a whole tornado of feelings (do they have tornados in Scotland?).

As an outsider....
It is good to get the anger OUT!
Then...
take stock.
Most women's breasts are not perfectly symmetrical.
You are not your breasts. Matt loves YOU! He doesn't care about a little war wound. Would you love him any less if he lost a body part?

Our imaginations are always way worse than reality. Imagining your post-op breastages is more terrible than the reality. Take a little time and let out that anger. Then...take a little time and celebrate YOU. You are smart, brilliantly funny, witty, creative and very talented. I am not talking about your breast. I am talking about your wonderful self.

This is the place created for you to come in and rant and still feel loved and admired.
I am sorry I ate all the cookies.

xoxo
Going back to my box now.

fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:50 am

Fessie said it so well! I do remember, however, the weekend of my 45th birthday. I'd had a lumpectomy, but it was a holiday weekend & I would find out the biopsy results in 3 more days. The pain pills made me sick, so I refused them. Needing to keep busy, I planted my fall Mums in our yard & my husband yelled at me. (was supposed to take it easy.) He decided to keep an eye on me & dragged me to a large store for some gadget. I wandered over to the lady's section. He found me, face down, in tears, crying over a rack of nightgowns! Thought I was SO STRONG, but the sight of those silky things just did me in. Dear Kammy, just let the emotions wash over you & remember: no matter how strong & wonderful you are...you still have that sweet little girl inside of you...and she is a wee bit frightened. Let her cry, comfort her, and carry on! XOXO
Affordable Face Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Magick on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:26 am

I am just thankful you will be here after it is over.......... have a good cry is ya must but know I will be celebrating your recovery.

there is no way I can ever know what you are going through. I will never go through it my self. I can only be here to support you as a friend. I can tell you that I have been on the waiting side when someone I love dearly went in with a scare of cancer. She had a procedure done and was so strong through it all. but I felt utterly useless.
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Fessy's right. You are not your breasts, and you'll find a way to deal with it, because you're fabulous Kammy.

But just not now.
Now is the time to be sad about it, and angry, because it IS sad and hard to imagine this is the price you have to pay!
This is the grief you'll have to get through, because you now love your body the way it is.
It won't be the same after treatment.

Take your time to feel what you have to feel, there's no escaping it!
Face it now, so it won't hunt you later!
Love you dearly!!
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Oh, Lizzie: You are the voice of experience to help lead her thru this...Bless you for being here.
Affordable Face Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Now that I know what a wobble is may I just say wobble away, better out than in!!! (I thought wobble meant u were unsteady on your feet)
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top