Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Kammy's café

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kammy's café

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:39 am

Hey Gill, Here's hoping you feel better soon. Hugs & Kisses, Pat
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Oh my goodness, it's been quite a ride! I've just read all the wonderful, supportive, loving messages here again, and I'm so sorry I didn't respond until now. I'm very grateful for all the lovely thoughts you've been having and writing down (even you, Miss Fessylisa!) and they really do help.

Short version: the op went well, but I'm still very sore. The whole breast (except the skin!) was removed, plus a couple of lymph nodes from under my arm which are being biopsied. I have the start of the reconstruction in that breast, but I'll be a work in progress for the near future (read: six months or so) because it's an expandable implant. Healing has started, but I'm still sore and tired, and sometimes let out random YELPS as I move and feel like someone's stabbed me. In the boob. It's not nice! Very Happy

I'm seeing my surgeon and cancer nurse tomorrow to see how healing's coming along, and apart from a bit of a seroma issue I'm not expecting anything to be wrong. I'm also getting my pathology results this week, so it's a bit of a nerve-wracking time. I'll find out the stage of my cancer, whether my lymph nodes were found to contain malignant cells (and hence whether I need moooooore surgery, ouch!) and what my chemo schedule will be.

In other news, I was found out to be HER2+, which means the cancer is more aggressive, harder to get rid of and more likely to return. As a result, I'll need a year of 3-weekly infusions of Herceptin at the chemo unit. Yay me.

When chemo starts, I'm going to shave my head so that I don't see my hair fall out, which would annoy me. I'm also going to braid it first, and put the braid in Cian's memory box, as he's asked for it. What do you bet I have a reallllly funny-shaped head? ;-)

In other, other news, I just gorged myself on Dutch chocolate, brought over by a visiting friend. And YES, I rock tartan PJs! Cian does too! My cat Ember is glad I'm home, which I wish she'd show in OTHER ways than nudging my surgical site.

Matt is also glad I'm home, but he's not nudging my surgical site.

Neither, thankfully, is his mother.

Yup. Just the cat.

Fessy, don't get any ideas there, girl! I'm watchin' you.

Love you all!

Gill x
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Gill, nice to see you "up and about"  Wink that you are home and your surgery is healing...despite cat 'hugs!'
I will look up HER2+....Until my best girlfriend just recently got breast cancer I was totally ignorant of the fact that there are different kinds (she has Metaplastic carcinoma--also very aggressive  Sad  and is in chemo now.)  
I feel so badly for you to be going through this and wish you the very best. Let the tears flow with those you love *....and Not that you will 'always be laughing,' but that your lovely humor will help you deal with the trauma.
I think that is a great idea about your braid, btw!
Thinking of you always,
Valerie
 flower
* that includes with us here.... even in the middle of the night... when things always look the worst...as Dear L!zzie knows.

Last edited by Valerie A on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:01 pm

I'm glad to hear that you haven't had your sense of humor surgically removed. I hope the rest of your treatment leaves it in tact, too.

It's good to "hear your voice".
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:56 pm

We love you too, Kammy & agree w/how important a sense of humor is. We're here for you, Honey!
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Aww, best of luck and love to you girl! You have been through so much - you are amazing and strong. That silly kitten is trying to heal you in the only way it knows how, so adorable. Take care sweety, and keep up the great attitude, happiness is healing too.
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:54 am

Thanks everyone - I'm feeling the love! Very Happy I got the BEST news today! The cancer HAS NOT spread to my lymphatic system, which bodes very well for my eventual full recovery! It had started to make inroads to my blood and lymphatic systems within the breast, but hadn't yet compromised my lymph nodes, so hasn't spread.

This is absolutely the best news that we could possibly have got - it's the best situation that, already having the cancer diagnosis, could possibly exist.

Works out the main tumour was hey-ooooge - 63mm, a total whopper! - with widespread problems in the rest of the breast, too. I feel incredibly lucky that it was caught in time.

So...Thursday is now my first meeting with my chemo oncologist, Larry, who will work out my chemo schedule. Then will come all the other stuff, but - and I say this in a very happy, sing-song voice - NO MORE SURGERY IS REQUIRED! Very Happy

Thanks for all your support. It means the world. xx
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:02 am

Woohoo!
Kris5115

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Yay!!! What good news to hear after all you've been going through! So happy to have you back Smile  cheers
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:12 pm

veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:45 pm

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:45 pm

That was a million (felt like ti) clicks of love and support for you!!

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Actually that was 172 clicks. But it's really more. Like ... infinity.

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:04 pm

In honour of Kammy's excellent news...
I will eat a million cookies.
One.
Two.
Three.
Mmmmmmm.
Sugar cookies.
Made surprisingly with real sugar.
I cannot go back to my box until I have fulfilled my mission.

xoxo
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Fessy, I am following you around while you are out of your box and on the loose. Run. Watch out. I am after your cookies.

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 am

Great news Kammy!
That must be a big relief no more surgery is needed.

Hope the rest of the treatment will go well too!

Xoxoxoxox
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:55 pm

fesspenter wrote:In honour of Kammy's excellent news...
I will eat a million cookies.  
One.
Two.
Three.
Mmmmmmm.
Sugar cookies.  
Made surprisingly with real sugar.  
I cannot go back to my box until I have fulfilled my mission.  
Oh good GRACIOUS, people, can someone stop Fessy eating all this sugar??? And quickly, before we need a spatula to scrape the overexcited, bouncing-ball lass off the ceiling of the cafe??

Honestly, I turn away for one second, and it all goes crazy in here! Creabella, hide the cookies (I suggest you wear protective gear). Miss Ronnie, try to wrestle Fessylisa back into her box (ditto on the gear).

I can't do any running around post-surgery, so I'll just sit here in my over-stuffed chair and giggle at you both getting savaged by a sugar-rushing Lisa. You can't buy entertainment this good.  Laughing 

Love you all. You make me giggle so much.

Kammy xx
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Hey!
Who took my cookies???!!!!
I stockpiled 999,997 cookies in my growly box, the one that Kammy banishes me to when I behave badly.
There are some cookies missing.

JJJJJ...
Why are there cookies crumbs on your face?
Why are you giggling in the corner with Miss Ronnie, Creabella and L!zzie???

Four.
Five.
Six.
and a half.

xoxo
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:01 am

I have been absent from the forum for awhile and I come back to total chaos in the Cafe.... Wow, fessy is messy - cookies crumbs everywhere!.... and JJJJJ has chocolate all over her face.  

And, in honor of Kammy's great news - I shall have a glass of wine (yes, the Cafe has a secret stash behind the expresso machine)  Barista, wine for everyone!

drunken drunken drunken
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:38 am

The cookies are safe now, and I brought some soap and towels for JJJJJ to wash her face off from the chocolate.
Has anyone brought a vacuumcleaner ?

Is Fes back in the box again? I hope she didn't bite you Miss Ronnie?
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:23 pm

A little more news, after seeing my medical oncologist, Larry The Chemo Guy:

My chemo regimen will be FEC-T: 3 cycles of 5FU, Epirubicin and Cyclophosphamide, followed by 3 of Taxotere, all 3 weeks apart to allow my blood counts to recover in between.

This interesting rollercoaster ride should kick off in about 2 weeks. I'm waiting on the call from the chemo ward to tell me when to come in, as well as a call to go in for a heart scan.

I also have my wig prescription. A wig-shopping-and-wine day will happen in the next week. Oh, yes it will.

I'm very happy today, as my friend Carrie arrived from Canada, and she's making me laugh so much!

Hope you're all well, happy and laughing.

Gill x
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Dear Miss Kammy:
Don't get the wigs-and-wine mixed up.
One goes ON your head.
The other goes IN your head.

A half.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleventeen.
Twelvteen.
Thirteen.

xoxo
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Kammy, the laughter is the BEST thing!!! Glad your friend is there. I think your appointment should be: Wine. Wig. Wine.

Wine.

Wine.

Designated driver (who may or may not be wearing a wig, but who CANNOT have any wine).

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:48 pm

And hey, y'all, JJJJJ eats her chocolate neatly, and loves cookies too much to leave any crumbs. I do wipe my mouth on my sleeve sometimes (okay, lots). But I've changed since I was last here, so I dare you to find any evidence. And besides, I didn't do it. I swear.  afro 

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:51 pm

And Miss Ronnie, well, hey!!!!, and how the heck are ya? Yeah, long time away for you. Were you on several snowy field trips painting dinosaurs and battling winter traffic conditions because it is your favorite hobby?? Start a thread and let us know. Because I, ahem, will not be found guilty of hijacking this one. Ahem, ahem. (Ah, she's too busy counting her cookies to know I said this ...).

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top