Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Kammy's café

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kammy's café

Post by Kammy on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Oh my goodness, you guys have been going through so much in my absence!!! Sad I'm so sorry to hear that cancer is rearing its ugly and vicious head in so many of your loved ones' lives, and am sincerely wishing you healing (where possible) and comfort and peace (where sadly not).

I'm also sorry I haven't been around. Honestly...I've felt a bit separated from the FP community in the last year. I got pretty rotten nerve damage in my hands from one of the chemo drugs, and have had to learn how to paint again, pretty much from scratch.

I got frustrated enough that I considered giving it up for good....then kicked myself mentally up the backside for being so silly, because it's something I love. So I went off to the UK Face and Body Art Convention, competed in the national body painting competition there even though I knew I couldn't paint as well as previously....and got myself knee-deep in inspiration and support. And here I am, ready to take on the world again and recommit to picking up my brushes every day. Very Happy

I get tired much more easily these days, but I'm getting there. And part of my recommittment is that I need to come to FPF more often and hang out with you glorious people!

If you'll have me.... Very Happy

Cancer-wise, I'm doing well. I still have to spend half a day at the chemo ward every 3 weeks until March next year, for immunotherapy, and I'm doing a lot of physio for my wrecked nerves and arms, but apart from meds every day I'm through the worst part of my treatment now. I need more reconstructive surgery in the early part of next year, which will be painful and may damage my arm a little more, but it'll be worth it in the long run as it'll hopefully stop the constant nagging pain I have in my reconstructed breast. My surgeon is amazing, so I'm sure he'll do a fabulous job. And hey, I'll have a brand new rack. Wink

So....someone give me the potted "Cliff's Notes" version of what's been happening in my prolonged absence? I mean, I'm sure you were all crying from missing me, right? And certainly not having any fun or enjoying yourselves without me??

Also....that box in the corner is curiously quiet. It usually sounds like cookies being eaten. I'm suspicious when it's quiet. What's going on??

Love you all!

Kammy xx
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:59 pm

P.S. I now have TOTALLY out of control hair* - it's growing in about 8 different directions and it's curly! What's up with that???

*I mean on my head. Not my chest. Don't you start, fesspenter. Wink
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Dear Kammy:
Have a cookie!
And,
NO, that is NOT a euphamism for sex, just in case you were going to ask.

After I gave birth, my poker straight hair got wavy. After my little sister gave birth, her curly ringlets straightened out and became wavy. While I do not recommend giving birth in order to change the consistency of your hair....
I would imagine that going through chemotherapy would be like giving birth, for a long time, without having a baby at the end of the experience.
Wait, that sounded weird, and callous.
Do not read that.
Um...
what I meant was...
ENJOY YOUR CURLY CHEST HAIR!!!

Maybe
you can french braid it and put ribbons in it.

xoxox
Going back to my box to drink my floor wine, and have a chocolate macaroon or twelve.

xoxo
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:13 pm

hi kammy, i am new here since this fall,  have read some of the previous posts. hope you feel better and enjoy regaining your painting skills.

about 15 years ago i had a coworker who went through a lumpectomy, radiation, & chemo for breast cancer, too.  chemo also made her straight hair curly.   i saw her a couple years ago, but i don't remember if her hair was still curly or not.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Dear jlirie:
Anything that I may have previously said that is helpful... is probably NOT from me. Maybe someone hijacked my thread.
Also, maybe somebody else hijacked my response if you find that I have been threatening to eat cookies, or drink wine off the floor.

Going back to my box now.

xoxox
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:19 pm

ha!, i'm on to you miss fesspenter bounce i know a cookie eating, wine slurping genius when i see one..
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Nobody is onto me.

I want to appear to be an underachiever, so nobody expects anything of me. And, if I do decide to dispense knowledge, it can be happily dismissed with no hard feelings. I feel I have done everything wrong, and so I so know how to help people. DO NOT TELL ANYBODY THAT I AM TRYING TO HELP THEM.

I want to remain an underachiever.

xoxox
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:46 pm

stealth fessie..
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat on Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:29 am

Kammy wrote:If you'll have me....  Very Happy

Are you kidding?!?!? Much like hotel California, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.
Hugs and welcome back to the madness and love that is face painting!!!
<3 <3 <3
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Aww, thank you Julie!  sunny

Fessy - sorry, but you're not doing all that well on the underachievement bit.  You're the best Fessy there is, for a start.  Very Happy

jlirie - it's lovely to meet you!  I'm just furniture around here.  A bit like an overstuffed chair in the corner:  beaten-up-looking, tatty around the edges but still comfy.  Wink

So, I've had a lovely day today, celebrating in advance of tomorrow as I won't get a chance then.  What am I celebrating, you ask?  Well, you don't ask....but I'm going to tell you anyway.

Tomorrow is my First Cancerversary.

It might sound a bit strange to be celebrating the anniversary of my diagnosis, but I'm doing so for two reasons:

1.  If I hadn't been diagnosed and they'd found it later, I'd be deaded.  And "decomposing" is not a good look on anyone.  No matter how emo they might be trying to be.

2.  It's my way of putting a middle finger (sorry) up to the cancer and saying "NYER NYER, I'M STILL HERE, SUCKER!"

3.  It's a good excuse to drink beer and meet friends.

So today, I went out for lunch with one friend, met another for dinner, and this is all AFTER I woke up to a flower delivery!

S'a good day.  Hope you're all having one at least as lovely.  On Saturday 22nd, I'm having a party, with people coming from all over, to belatedly celebrate the occasion.  There will be cake.  Much, much cake.  Any of you fancy joining us?   alien

Kammy xx
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:35 pm

it's a bit of a row across the pond, i will live vicariously through you, imagining delicious cake Razz
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:47 pm

Kammy, welcome back!!! I didn't know Nov. 12th was your "cancerversary". It was also the day they discovered something was wrong w/my heart valve. 'Nuff about me…I missed you & am SO happy to hear you are painting again. WAY TO GO!!! I understand the post-op muscle pain & you KNOW the "use it or lose it" concept. Just keep keeping' on girl. This last year sure put things in perspective, didn't it? Thanks for catching us up on how you're doing. Hugs & Kisses from one of your fans, Pat
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:27 pm

It's not the 12th, Pat, it's the 13th - today! Smile I just posted this to my FB account, and Miss Ronnie asked if I'd share it elsewhere as she seemed to think it was worthwhile...so here it is:

------------------

So it's the actual anniversary of my diagnosis today (I got the original post wrong, thought it was the 11th when it was the 10th, 'cos I'm an eejit). One year ago, pretty much to the hour, I was coming home shellshocked. The shock didn't clear for about a week - I hardly even cried.

One year on, after a hellish time with surgery, reconstruction, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, radiotherapy and immunotherapy (and let's face it, a fair and regular dose of high-potency cake therapy....) I'm still here, alive and kicking and grateful. I still consider myself a very lucky person, and I still laugh a lot - mostly at how ridiculous my hair looks, right now.

I've seriously learned who I can depend on in the last year. I couldn't have got this far without the family and friends who've inspired me, supported me and refused to let me give up when I felt sick and depressed with the whole business. So many people have supported me in so many different ways: from a phone call when I've been low, to turning up with cake (or sending it, mmmm Cuckoo's Bakery ), cleaning up the flat, sending cards or little surprises, flying across the planet for parties or just to hang out with me, taking Cian for days out when I was confined to bed, driving me to appointments or accompanying me to consultations, filling my freezer with homemade food when I was too weak to cook, arranging to work from home and calling 999 when I totally collapsed, kissing my face awake on bad mornings (I love my Cian...)...and this isn't even a comprehensive list. I've been brought to tears more times than I can count by a perfectly-timed reaching-out, and I also truly appreciate that you still talk to me about your own lives, without feeling that somehow having cancer makes me unable to appreciate and sympathise with everyday ups and downs. I'm still me, and many of you have, with your actions and love, reminded me of that often.

Thank you.

Thank you more than I can ever express.

Here's to the next 40 cancerversaries. Cheers.

---------------------------

As for a Face Paint Forum-specific aside: I've met so many people through face painting (IRL and online) who've stayed with me through this journey, and I appreciate all of the support, inspiration, colour and glitter you bring to my life. Thank you, too. I love you

Kammy xx
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:55 pm

As I've said before, it certainly puts things in perspective, doesn't it Kammy?
As you've said above: it's amazing how well-timed some things & some people have been. Some of the "coincidences, or "God Winks" as one author calls them, have been A.MA.ZING!!!
BTW, curly hair happens a lot, and YES, you're still you. Wonderful, Feisty, Well-loved YOU. MWUA!
Affordable Face Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:52 pm

It is not fair that so many miles are between all the people that we wish we could spend time with. However, I would like to announce that Daniel Lasris (Katmandew Face and Body Art) sent me a web cam in the mail and now all I have to do is learn how to use it so I can Skype with my peeps!  

I'm so grateful for the friends I have in my life - and feel especially lucky to have been able to meet and spend time with some of them:
Pat (Affordable Face Magic), Diane (rthling), Lisa (fesspenter), Astrid, Shelley Bellefontaine, Linda Adams, Denise Cold, Taradoodles, Whitney Meyers (wmeventservices), Ashley Pickin, Lady Jayde, MissHeidi, Nichole (nikkili26), (Debbie Brock Bowling (DebbieB), and.... who did I leave out?!  

Plus, there are many who I have tried to meet up with but it didn't work out schedule-wise;
Dean (leapinglizards), Mandi (MandiIlene), Linda Schrenk,and... who did I leave out on this list as well?!
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:37 pm

What kind of shows are you going to put on your web cam, Miss Ronnie?

xoxo
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Perhaps she'll show us the ol' tramp stamp, Fessy!  With extra wiggles.  Very Happy

Miss Ronnie, I'd be soooo up for Skyping with you when you get the webcam going.

Kammy xx
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm so glad that you're back Kammy, I took a brief break as well and when I came back it was awfully quite in your café and was wondering how things were going for you. It was also very quiet from Fessy's box...which you're right...is something to worry about Wink
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:51 am

It may be quiet in fessy's box, but that's because she is in there stealing bites out of all the cookies very, very quietly.

She is a stealthy stealer, that fessy pants.

Kammy - I talked about skyping with you a long time ago, remember that? I finally may actually get around to doing it!

Fessy, I am frightened at just how large and obtrusive my double chin will appear on skype!
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:48 pm

I know the feeling, Miss Ronnie, but HEY, it'll be worth it to see Kammy's smiling face!!!
Affordable Face Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:21 am

Oh Kammy!! It is soooooo nice to see you 'alive and well' and back here! What a journey you have been on, but here you are returned to us!  cheers
I just popped in for a bit and what a nice surprise to find you here with the rest of these rascals!
Never got curly/straight hair from anything, but as I got more menopausal  affraid  my hair has become Very thick....not that I am going to complain about that  Laughing

Glad to hear you have fearlessly taken up face painting again despite your 'wounds' and you just jumped right in there, going for the body painting competition even!

Take care! flower flower flower flower flower

What's that noise I hear over there in the corner....I must investigate.....
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:42 am

Dear Miss Ronnie:
If you are showing off your Tramp Stamp...
that is NOT your double chin.
That is something else.

Going back to my box.

xoxo
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:53 am

Hi all. I am coming into this box (not your box, Fessy - I respect your right to your own box, and your floor is kinda crumby, anyway) to say "hi". I do not have Skype. I do not have a tramp stamp. I do have one chin hair that appears less and less frequently over the past year (I think I insulted it with my insistent plucking). But I do have a love for y'all on the Forum, and so ... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you cyclops

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:39 pm

only one chin hair, lol?
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:09 pm

There used to be two chin hairs, but one moved with no forwarding address.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top