Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Rules or Do's and Don't to display during an event

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rules or Do's and Don't to display during an event

Post by fesspenter on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:21 am

I am sure The Source supplies Dalek recharger cords.

xoco
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:26 am

I will have to check - but Canadian Tire, Best Buy, Real Canadian Superstore, WalMart, Rona, Staples, Costco, Future Shop, Target - don't have them. Sears said they could order one but it was going to cost $98,458,597,632.11 which would be rounded to $98,458,597,632.10 because of the penny rounding.

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:28 am

Is that Canadian, or American dollars?
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:30 am

Well, duh, Canadian. Good thing I have a Dividends VISA card... I should get a nice cashback at the end of the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:36 am

I think it is cheaper to Sharpie the word "Anthrax" or "Ebola" on a box of baby wipes.
Just sayin'

xoxo
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:38 am

But the Dalek doubles as a beer fridge. Tissue box... not so much No 

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:42 am

Okaaaaay!
I'm gonna order me up some Daleks on amazon.com...
or do you feel that thinkgeek.com would carry them, Shannon Fennell? I ordered some Tribble slippers on thinkgeek.com last year.

xoxo
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:48 am

They have a desk version

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed75/

But you need a REAL one... the fridge you know. You have to shift the Dalek inside around a bit, but a small bar fridge will fit inside...and runs off the power of the suit. But it needs to be recharged every year or so.

Now... if I could get my hands on a Tardis... well...What a Face 

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:14 am

its not a Darlek... but I have been thinking about getting one of these.
http://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/iPhone-Remote-Controlled-Missile-Launcher/200670

I could label the bullets anthrax or Ebola I suppose. Wink
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:03 am

Ooh, and I've been searching for some means of protecting my wipes from the marauding nutpublic - thanks ladies! *frantically scribbles notes*
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ssshaffstall on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:48 am

OMG too funny!!!Love you guys!!!!thanks so much. I Did make a list and it is on my PC and I hand it to the parent and hostess before I paint and as I set up. I will also email along with contract.
ssshaffstall

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:46 pm

ssshaffstall wrote:OMG too funny!!!Love you guys!!!!thanks so much.  I Did make a list and it is on my PC and I hand it to the parent and hostess before I paint and as I set up.  I will also email along with contract.
I agree with all of you that these people don't read anything. I think they believe that our supplies don't cost us and we are not in a serious business and It must be just a hobby. But I like to keep my do's and don't in a frame on top of my table, including what I will not paint and who I will not paint. Then if I have a problem I pick up my framed list and hand it to them and say please read. I am not going to waste time arguing or printing a batch of flyers to hand to people. It only takes up your time, ink, paper, throw it away without reading or lay it down and more trash to pick up.
I do a lot of festivals and I learned to box myself in the back corner of my tent. The right side of my table is cutoff from people being able bump or put anything on my table or even touch things. But that wasn't enough so I bought a long thin table that I put in the front of my table so they cannot stand behind me. All that is open is my left side. My first festival this year I was sick of picking up drink cups and half eaten food all on the ground in the entrance of my tent. So now I am using a garbage can out front. Sometimes they manage to see it. I won't allow food or drinks in my tent either. I don't want to be rude with them but I have to stay firm and I just want some respect for my space.
gypsy6974

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Wow. There ought to be a disclaimer on this thread.
"Do not read with Dr. Pepper in your mouth, while in a library, or when sitting in a quiet lobby, waiting for your husband to get out of a meeting, so you can help him win a sidewalk chalk contest when he's finished."
rthling

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:15 pm

lmao @ you spitting soda all over yourself, choking to death in the lobby while it dribbles down your chin.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:37 pm

My 5 cents: Make sure you use all of the table, and there's no room for other people's stuff... and don't allow chairs around your table, cause you always get the nutbars that camp at the facepainting area
And practice the venomous look, so you don't even have to say anything, just look at people to make them feel sorry for what they did
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Tineke wrote:My 5 cents: Make sure you use all of the table, and there's no room for other people's stuff... and don't allow chairs around your table, cause you always get the nutbars that camp at the facepainting area
And practice the venomous look, so you don't even have to say anything, just look at people to make them feel sorry for what they did
I think it is best to keep a smile on my face as long as possible. But I need to breath and don't like tripping over children behind me or the dang parents snapping pictures over my shoulders or from my left side. I have to draw a line and it's at the entrance of my tent.
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Tineke wrote:My 5 cents: Make sure you use all of the table, and there's no room for other people's stuff... and don't allow chairs around your table, cause you always get the nutbars that camp at the facepainting area
I forgot to mention this, there is no other people's stuff in my tent. I do not share a tent. I pay the fee to get into the festival. I do all the setup and break-down. It's my space for 3 nights and two days. I want it like I want it. I also don't want mom's camping out near my painting chair. If they want to stay in the shade of my tent that is fine with me. I have a chair in the tent at the front. No problem. As for as the venomous looks I save them for the nutbar ladies and the moms/dads that insist I paint their one year old give or take a few months either way. The child is screaming and they want me to further torture that baby. Then I pick up my handy dandy framed rules and ask them to read that I do not paint children under 2 nor will I paint a child of any age that does not want me to be painted and so on.
Happy Painting
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Parent's aren't the boss in my tent... Boy did you hit a nerve.
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top