Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

New from UT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New from UT

Post by pattyofurniture on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi all, been peeking at the board for a couple weeks now and thought it was about time to get an account.

I'm Kira aka Patty O'Furniture. I live in Northern Utah USA and have two girls 7 and 9.  My bday is next week (betcha can't guess what I bought for my present! Wink  ) I'm a stay at home mom, but I do sell some crafts online once in a while.  It's mostly just to pay for my crafting habit.  I want to make myself something, so I buy in bulk and sell the rest.

----

My painting story is that I love Halloween, and so when my girls had their Halloween costumes looking a little plain I wanted to dress them up with some face paint.  I refuse to buy cream paint from the kits at the local store so amazon'ed some paint that looked better.  I ended up buying a snazaroo kit and went to town.  Found some fun face designs online that matched their costumes and began practicing.  

"Whoa!  I really like face painting!"  I did a design every other day or so, LOL.  Thought it was a good month to practice because you can take a walk with a crazy face to the grocery store and no one cares.  

Ended up painting all the kids at our Halloween party and even had a girl return the next day after her mother told her to go get my design again.  I loved that.  My first return customer!

So... Halloween is over, but I still am having a great time painting.  With all my birthday money I got a good bunch of Diamond FX  & Wolfe paints and brushes. I've already made my own rainbows and everything.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what type of container to get to hold my paints though.  Tool box tackle box rolling tote?! Bah.  I'm sure whatever I get I'll have to upgrade anyway.

And now that I've got a good professional kit, next step....haven't decided if I'm going to go pro or not.  I'm kind of a six-month-hobby person.  I love love love something and am obsessed with it for about 6 months to a year and then get good and go onto another hobby.  So no reason to buy licenses and all that if I'm only going to be ready for something else in a few months.  I'm thinking if I still enjoy it by fourth of july or halloween I'll look into it.  Never know!  I'm a bit iffy on the business side anyway.  If I could just be an employee for a painter I'd probably go for it in a heartbeat, but for now I'm content to just play around.

I've always liked face painting.  I did it as a teenager at all those free events, and took a class on stage makeup, but haven't done anything with it since.  I wanted to do the face painting at my girl's school carnival (it was terrible last year!) even before I knew what snazaroo was, but they already had me down for helping in another booth.

---
anyway, that's me!  Thanks for all the help I've gotten from this website already and hope to get to know you all soon!

pattyo

sorry if the pics are off, I had to resize them and I'm still learning the tricks of the forum.

Is this still considered face painting? Laughing   Here's my Thor painted face pumpkin from this year. ... Yes. Yes, I am a show off.  

Thanks!  Have a great day.
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: New from UT

Post by Denise Cold on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi Kira,

There are a couple of ladies that supply gigs to face painters in Utah. I believe their insurance covers you while you are working so you wouldn't have to worry about that yet but you would need a working kit. I'm not sure what the process is other than showing that you can paint. Smile Send me an email and I'll give you the information for the one I like the most. denise at paintedparty.com
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Welcome to the party Smile nice pictures!
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:41 am

Welcome from Canada! Hope you have lots of fun meeting and getting to know the awesome people of the forum.
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:33 am

Welcome to the Forum!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes