Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I wish you enough

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I wish you enough

Post by Michael Magick on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:40 am

I WISH YOU ENOUGH

Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport as the daughter's departure had been announced. Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the mother said:"I love you and I wish you enough."The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom." They kissed and the daughter left.The mother walked over to the window where I sat. Standing there, I could see she wanted and needed to cry.I tried not to intrude on her privacy but she welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?" "Yes, I have," I replied. "Forgive me for asking but why is this a forever good-bye?""I am old and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is the next trip back will be for my funeral," she said.When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, "I wish you enough." May I ask what that means?" She began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone." She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and she smiled even more. "When we said 'I wish you enough' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them". Then turning toward me, she shared the following, reciting it from memory,"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye."She then began to cry and walked away.They say it takes a minute to find a special person. An hour to appreciate them. A day to love them. And an entire life to forget them.
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Re: I wish you enough

Post by JJJJJ on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:05 am

This is so very beautiful. Thank you for posting it. You had an angel encounter. What I mean by that is that the two of you shared an intensely spiritual moment of connection. And she gave you the gift of that beautiful philosophy (prescription for a good life, really).

It is all about appreciation, appreciatING (wonderful action verb to go through each day and moment with), and loving (also to use as an action verb).

I often say that the greed that runs rampant in this world is one of its most destructive forces. To shorten that, why must a multi-billionaire (or even the mini-millionaires) have TWO (or ten, or twenty) yachts instead of one? (Even one yacht is ... well ...).

Here is one of my all time favorite stories: Star Mother's Youngest Child by Louise Moeri. It is for sale on Amazon for about eight dollars. It is a small little one-sitting book and the concept of "enough" is depicted beautifully in it. Several years ago, I purchased lots of copies to give out to friends. I have two copies left, and Michael, if you would PM me your address, I would like to send one as a gift to you. (The rest of ya can keep Amazon happy! Very Happy ).

My way of being in/seeing the world is that every day brings fresh diamonds to my front lawn (dew, lit by sun). And it IS ... enough.

Peace and blessings to everyone this year and always!

Love,
Joan

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Magick on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:38 am

well said Joan! we have a similar view of the world it seems. for the new year I have made a new resolution...

the new moon has risen and set.
Many a new years resolutions will be made today....... and many will be broken tomorrow. a year of new hope for some, and another chance for all.

have you made a new years resolution? share it with me that I may stand with you and support you in your efforts to achieve it. List it here so that with hope and courage we can achieve camaraderie in our efforts to keep your self made promise.

you see, my new years resolution is to help my fellow man/woman achieve happiness this year. my sole goal is to uplift any and all I come into contact with. my family, my friends, or even a total stranger. it is through living this example I will make changes in my life and in others. by teaching my self to offer kindness, compassion and honest love, I will show others that it is possible to change the perceived world we share.

but....should I fail to achieve any great change in the world around me I still win, for I have created changed in me. I have opened my heart to those around me and given of my self. in this effort there is no way to fail.

may you all have a blessed and loving new year! may your hearts not be broken this year. may your goals be achieved with ease through the support of your friends and family. should you need me do not fear to come to me. together we can find away to do that which needs to be done.

my address is no secrete my friend as I love to correspond with any and all people.

16414 engebrestsen rd
granite falls, Wa.
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:04 pm

You guys both made my heart sing this morning!

Sending new and improved love out to everyone today!

Happy New year! Hugs & Kisses  I love you 
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Beautiful, all of you. Thank you. And I wish you enough!
anniel

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum