Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Newbie. What are your basic essentials for facepainting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie. What are your basic essentials for facepainting?

Post by Jubilee Artistry on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:56 pm

I just moved to Columbia, SC. My husband's a teacher and my kids are hitting the teen years. I'm fiddling with the thought of making extra money by face painting. I love playing with face painting but I don't know the time commitment & work involved in the business of it. I definitely DON'T want to rob my kids of time from their mommy. I'd love to hear your wisdom! How do you mommies balance your lives as a face painter?

I'd love to here the pros & cons of your experiences starting out on the business track. How much or little do you do (work & time)?

What are the "MUST have"s in your face painting kit?
Jubilee Artistry

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie. What are your basic essentials for facepainting?

Post by Liz Colorful Faces on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Welcome! you can find almost all the information you need to get start it here. I love this forum, is very helpful and not critical at all. You can find the topic you looking for using the search bar, is easiest than go over all the post in the forum.

Happy painting.
Liz Colorful Faces

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-11-17

http://www.Colorfulfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:15 pm

I don't think there is a balance in my life between work as a face & body painter and teenagers.
For me...
it is like running back and forth on a teeter-totter, and, occasionally, some meanie jumps off and I get slammed to the ground, hurting my crotch, and nobody wants to kiss it and make it better, or, if they offer to kiss it better, it hurts too much to have it kissed.
I digress, as usual.
I am going to have a cookie.
Going back to my box now.

xoxo

fesspenter

Number of posts : 3326
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:48 pm

My investment has been a good sum, tables, chair, face paint, sponges, brushes, glitters, wipes, case and then practice (lots of practice) has taken a bit to get going. not to mention research on correct business practice, business cards, web design, proper business's licenses, insurance...a lot of time and money to get started and then the motivation to keep the ball rolling. 

But I feel the confidence in myself, my abilities, and showing that drive and determination to our teenager whom lurks from the back bedroom (committing herself to winter break vampirism) I think has been extremely beneficial.  In addition, I feel less intimidated towards those who are already successful being driven to succeed and get my foot in the door more than I ever was doing a job for somebody else, just now seeking wisdom and life inspiration around every turn. 

Best of luck to you!
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:42 am

I'll be back to answer your question but i'm in Columbia too Smile
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top