Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

How to cut paint, split cakes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to cut paint, split cakes.

Post by fairyfox on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Someone asked, so . . . 

Hope you like it!
fairyfox

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://jacanaparties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How to cut paint, split cakes.

Post by Valerie A on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Great tutorial, Fairfox! Easiest one I've seen...I like your tip about using bigger splits to make smaller ones, might be what a person like me needs to start with...maybe I will get brave enough to try it yet!  study  Thank you.
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Really cool. you make it look easy. Thanks
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:18 am

you are sooooooooooo adorable, i love your accents and i love how sweet you are for sharing these helpful tips!
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie:) on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:58 am

I absolutely love your container. Love that the middle compartments are there. I noticed you have lots of one strokes I think they are. By any chance are you willing to share which combos you use the most and for what. Lol. I am barely going to invest in cakes and one strokes. Thank you for you help and love the video :0)

newbie:)

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:58 pm

I use all my onestrokes for the same designs....

if you really look, you'll see a 1stroke is just a smaller or tighter spectrum of a regular rainbow.so you have warm, cool, light, bright, dark or bold colors, as well as pearl, matte, glitter and simmer..

you can do any design either with the darker end as a natural outline, or a lighter end as a natural highlight to add depth and dimension in a single blended swipe.

a good example is dolphin...many choose to do them using some form of teal or blue...but I usually do mine in orange, neon pink, rainbow...gives it a candy feel and look.

the blue onestrokes aren't limited to traditional blue things like ocean waves, because anything can be blue-flowers, icecream, rain drops, butterflies, etc, etc, etc.

when I picked out my one strokes, I tried to pick 1 for each color....so red-a fire cake is good....green-a leaf is good...blue-peacock is a nice one.
I also picked some for the girls, since the number 1 speed saver for me is the princess crown, and what is easier than swiping on a band of the girls fav color and adding glitter?nothing! so I have some combos of purple, pink, teal,red, blue, green...
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie:) on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Thank you nikkili26. Would it be cheaper to buy full colors or like splits or rainbow cakes to make one strokes?

Back to top Go down

Post by fairyfox on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Hey Newbie, These are great questions. Nikkili26 and I have a similar approach. I make sure I have one for every color- then usually a couple that revolve. I have painted next to others that have 20-30+ splits, and while I can appreciate wanting that "perfect" color, my kit is geared for speed. I want to set up fast, tear down fast, find what I am looking for fast. Having them all in one block, and having the spacial relationship stay the same helps me a lot with that. Before you start cutting your own, I would buy one or two and put them in your kit. Learn some designs and get used to them, then you'll know what you like and what you want to do with them. Happy painting!
fairyfox

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://jacanaparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie:) on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:41 am

Thank you fairyfox. I will tr y it first because i see tons of different designs made with cakes and splits and i do need to get the hang of it first and learn how to use the colors. Thank you for the advice :0)

Back to top Go down

Post by DebinSC on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Thank you for the great video!

DebinSC

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Chennell on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Love this video and the bead case with cotton swabs in the center is brilliant.
Niki Chennell

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top