Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Canada, where do you keep your nuts???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Canada, where do you keep your nuts???

Post by gypsy6974 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:13 pm

I am so curious as to where Canada keeps their crazy people or nut-jobs? I am a retired truck driver. I was an owner/operator of my own Big Truck for many years and a solo driver. I never had a man on my truck but twice; my son came along on one trip and the other I was training a gentleman for about 3 weeks so he could learn how to handle a refer. Not weed, but a refrigeration unit. I ran 48 states and Canada, I was in and out of there several times a month. I have spent days there several times shuttling trailers from Canada to Vermont. I have been in Toronto, Quebec, and Montreal and many other small places in between and no problems. I have never seen any major ordeals, ever. I never heard another truck driver ever complain about a nut in Canada either. Truck drivers complain over the CB on a daily basis all day long about everything. Most of these men on the road or worst then most women that I have known when it comes to complaining. The only problems that I had in Canada were at the boarder for inspection or getting stuck in the ice when I docked my rig. I learned how important it was to carry kitty litter and bleach. If you are in any city in the U.S. you can find a bunch of nuts or people with large issues at almost anytime of day or night. They are walking the streets, there is road rage and Walmart rage people so what's up with Canada? It is a place I would love to move to if it were not so cold... It is a beautiful Country and all I found was peace and civility. I would love to return one day, but in the summer of course.
I have had this discussion many times with men and women drivers over the years and they could not figure it out either.
gypsy6974

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada, where do you keep your nuts???

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:24 pm

We're born that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:03 am

Shannon Fennell wrote:We're born that way.
I wish we had more people born that way here.
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:10 am

Heard it's too cold to walk the street even when you're nuts?!
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:20 am

Maybe that's true, but I was there in the spring and summer to and people were just wonderful. But it is a good thought. lol I am just so curious as to how so many people over many years can be so kind. I wasn't in tourist places but where people did business everyday and many awful docks, but they were kind. That does not happen here much. Not in big cities anyway.

gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:08 am

Apparently the way to attract nuts in Canada or anywhere is to set up face painting and wait for one to get in line.  (Please see Nutbar section in "Where's the Beef" below!) Very Happy 

But seriously, I love your post, both for the independent spirit you are, and, for the yearning you express. I'm from right smack in dense suburbia, and while I know and love lots of very good people, and am here for now, I also want to get away from the noise and craziness one day. Leaf blowers (even their mere existence) drive me mad. Beeping car alarms, really rude drivers, etc.

I know somewhere it is quieter. And forested. And there's a slower pace of living. I will be there at some point. Even as a part timer.

I get what you're saying.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:41 am

I know completely what you mean. People in Canada (at least BC where I have visited many times) seem to always be willing to put their neck out for others and go the extra mile to be kind. Where I'm from (Seattle area) we observe what we call the "Seattle Freeze" where people give others the cold shoulder until they realize some kindness is worth their time and energy.  I grew up in a lot of different environments but it was a cultural shock moving to Oregon (just SE of Portland) and people were willing to talk to you while out walking your dog, I had to regroom myself to accept that people want to be kind with no other intentions. I love it here and am never moving back to the wet, dreary convergence zone of Washington state.
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PixiePaintrix on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:24 pm

I'm so glad that you guys have all had great experience with Canadians! I love this country and I think that most Canadians are pretty terrific  I love you 
PixiePaintrix

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2014-01-13

http://www.pixiedustpirates.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Hey!!! Let's all move to Canada!!! I want to be all the way up north where there is a half a person per square mile. I will only paint half face designs.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:09 pm

We only had one nut bar.
Our city elected him mayor.

xoxo
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:00 pm

That would be wonderfull JJJJJ, but it's toooo cold for me. We are having a 32 degree day here and I am hating it. But the cold is almost worth it to get away from the madness that this country has come to be. I do know how to dress in layers and I could get warmer clothes for Canada, it's beauty is Fabulous. Sure, we have some really good people here too but I feel like we are outnumbered sometimes. Plus, they are breading children that will be the same way. I just want some respect... I too wake up to leaf blowers, gates beeping and alarms in homes and cars going off and often. I wasn't kidding about people who go into Walmart Rage, they are nuts. I read the Nut-Bar Ladies post all the time and I love it. Where's the Beef lets me know that I am not alone with those nut-jobs. We have lots of them here too. But I guess Canada as a few in the closet cases that feel it's OK to break free on Face Painters. lol  
I had to paint in the cold one day last Nov. and my paint was so hard to get on the child's face because it would dry so quick. Of course there was a lot of wind with that cold and I was out in the open air.
Thouart, I know what you mean about Washington, been there many times. They are even colder when they know you are from out of town or maybe they are just cold shoulder people to all? I just thought it was on the out of towners.  It was like that at all of the docks I hit and the stores that I went to. After the first few times into that state I made sure that the next time I would do any shopping before or after I got out of it. Why spend my money where I can't get a simple gesture of kindness. That really hurts their image and truck drivers do talk a lot to many other people. I wasn't the only driver to ask, what's up with these people"? I did not want to go back there either and I don't blame you.
Codegirl you have a beautiful country with gracious citizens in it. It was always a pleasure to be there with the exceptions of when my wheels stuck into the ice. Then, I always had a lot of help from wonderful people helping to break me free.

Last edited by gypsy6974 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:02 pm

fesspenter wrote:We only had one nut bar.

xoxo

Too bad, next election get him out of there and send him packing...
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by PixiePaintrix on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:07 pm

fesspenter wrote:We only had one nut bar.

xoxo

lol! lol! lol! 
PixiePaintrix

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2014-01-13

http://www.pixiedustpirates.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top