Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Anyone know about 'Funky Foxes' face paint??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone know about 'Funky Foxes' face paint??

Post by maurs on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Goodness, it's been a while since I've posted!  

Right, I've given a few face painting workshops over the years (for parents or teachers who find they've gotta do a face or two) and it's difficult to recommend paints.  Most don't have the money, or indeed won't be doing much face painting, to warrant purchasing 8-10 full cakes costing €50 minimum. They only pull them out once a year, so I had been recommending a snaz painting kit that contains 8 2ml colours with a sponge and brush for €14.99 (not cheap). I was never really confident recommending their small pallets as good value, they didn't have one pallet that had all the basics in my opinion.

Well... I've come across a small 'funky foxes' pallet with 9 3g cakes for €12 ( tried to find reviews, only found one, and they suggested it was like Snazaroo).   If anyone else has used Funky Foxes could they post a little review on this thread?? I took the plunge, bought one small pallet to review and I'll post here too.  If it's worth it, I might pick up another one because it's a good €3 cheaper ($5) than snaz with an extra paint so it could be perfect for a first timer, creative parent or teacher with a play looming.
maurs

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone know about 'Funky Foxes' face paint??

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:28 am

I have and use it.  It is made by Kryolan for Charles Fox London (hence the name).  It is a very good heavily pigmented face paint aimed at the hobby painter which is why they have the small size kits.

I like the paint (I also like Kryolan so it makes sense) the bright green and blue are awesome coverage, the red not as good.  It is moister than Snazaroo and a little easier to work with because of that.

I use it more for base work - haven't really used it for line work (typically Kryolan isn't the best for linework.)

These two designs were done using Funky Foxes - The royal blue on Baloo and the green on Kermit:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spongeblob on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:53 pm

I have used the lime, the aqua and the white. All nice for sponging. Less useful for linework. They are pretty cheap in the UK and have a good range of colours. I don't love them but I'd buy them again if I liked the colour.
Spongeblob

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-12-10

http://spongeblobfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:33 am

Kryolan private labels quite a few brands.
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maurs on Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you so much for your detailed replies. I'm much happier about recommending it. (Sorry my thank you was so late)
maurs

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top