Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

CHAC Body Painting Competition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CHAC Body Painting Competition

Post by fesspenter on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:19 pm

To my fellow American painters:
The Canadian Haunted Attraction Convention is hosting a Body Painting Competition on Saturday, March 1st, and a Face Painting Competition on Sunday, March 2nd, 2014.  The theme is "Extreme Halloween".   This event will take place at the Delta Hotel and Conference Centre in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.

I entered the competition for the first time last year, in 2013.  While I did not place or win, I came away with something better than money.... I was in a room with extremely talented, warm, kind artists, and I made some lifetime friends (hellllooooo Elaine Day!!!).  I had never body painted in a competition before, and I wanted to get better at the scary genre.  WHAT AN EDUCATION!!! I highly recommend this experience for first-timers, and more experienced painters.  Both airbrush artists, and the brush-and-sponge artists are welcomed with open arms.  The judges this year are Dotsy the Clown (Shelley Summers), Matthew Flagler (canadahaunts.ca), and Sean Avram.  

Sean Avram is teaching a class on Friday, February 28th.  Saturday night is a Costume Ball.  The Face Painting Competition has two age divisions: Ages 12-17, and the adult 18+ division.  I will be cheering on the competition on Sunday.  Dotsy the Clown is the vender.  

Guelph is not too far from the border, so I thought I should post this to our US neighbours, and extend a hearty welcome.  

Check out the details on the. CHAC website:
http://www.canadahaunts.ca/chac/index.html

I hope to see everybody there!!!
xoxo

Last edited by fesspenter on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : The missing link)
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top