Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Such a helpful forum!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Such a helpful forum!

Post by tobilou on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi y'all! My name is Tobi, I am a long time artist and hobbyist face painter. After much encouragement from friends and family I have decided to go ahead and start a fp business! Over the last few weeks I have been preparing myself through reading your many posts here about getting started. Mostly I need help with the business end of it and originally came for that but I have been so inspired by all your great talent here that I am so super excited to start sharing and learning from y'all.
You can probably tell by now that I'm a southerner, lol, I'm originally from Hawaii but have lived here in New Orleans for 17 years now and am as at home as I will ever be! I love it here for so many reasons, especially because of the fabulous art community we have here and the deep history and culture which perpetuates it. There are so many opportunities here for a person to follow their dreams and make a living as an artist.
My main two influences are my boyfriend and my best friend. Both are people who have given it all to live their artistic dreams. Tommy, my dear bf, is a professional bass player who works full time and supports our little family in such a rewarding and inspiring way. He loves what he does and that attitude really bleeds out into his every day life. I sure do love that guy!! Then there is my best friend Shena who is about to graduate from grad school with a film degree! With so many people through the years asking her if she was crazy dedicating her life to such a fickle career, she stuck with it and is now a top notch, insanely talented, and respected film maker. I still see her as the goofy kid I grew up with and it astonishes me how far she has come on sheer will power, tenacity, and talent.
I really believe in surrounding myself with the kind of people I want to be like, and I think I've got those in spades!!
Let me tell you what, I LOVE FACE PAINTING! I get a little obsessed with it and I'm sure Tommy will be happy that I have y'all to talk to instead of gnawing his ear off with it. My skills so far I would say are "good enough". As many of you will relate, I have been told I am great but I'm never really satisfied with my own work. The hardest part is putting down the brush and saying "that looks perfect, NEXT". Also I have only one child and she is quickly tiring of seeing me come at her with a brush so I don't get a lot of practice between gigs. I do have a fine arts background though so I am pretty capable of doing all the basic designs. There are so many new and interesting ideas here that I hope y'all don't mind if I do a little bit of copying!
Anyway, that's me. I look forward to getting to know y'all and maybe someday sharing my work. First I need to take some pictures!
Thanks for listening!
tobilou

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2014-02-01

http://www.pixiecheeks.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Such a helpful forum!

Post by thouartbeautiful on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:47 am

Welcome to the forum!
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21