Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

SE Michigan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SE Michigan

Post by starryeyes112233 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm a newby looking for other metro Detroit Michigan face painters for advise and inspiration, I love the forum everyone seems very friendly and helpful. I would like to find or arrange a jam locally. I love the forum , I spend most of the time reading it and forget to ask questions! Lol sunny 

starryeyes112233

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: SE Michigan

Post by fesspenter on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:23 am

Welcome to the Forum, starryeyes112233!
There is a lot of wisdom and experience tucked away in these threads.  One thing you will notice is...if you ask a question, you will get more than one answer.  There are many brands of paint and brushes and different kinds of painters.
There is a place where you can post and share your work with a kind, warm, non-judgemental audience in Show and Tell.  
There is a game of Face Paint Tag going on in Tag You Are It!
Come join us!

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by starryeyes112233 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi Lisa

thanks for the response and invite, But what's the rules for tag?

Kristin

starryeyes112233

Back to top Go down

Post by starryeyes112233 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Found it Smile

starryeyes112233

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Also, starryeyes112233:
On the job, we all get crazy requests by children.... I was asked by a 10 year old to paint a turkey bacon club sandwich on his face. I asked him whether he wanted it on whole wheat, or white bread. This Face Paint Tag game is just about coming up with something on the fly, just like on the job. And... it's fun!!!

By the way, I was born at 9 Mile and Van Dyke.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by starryeyes112233 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Aww thanks lisa , I know 9 and van dyke. I lived in Utica now Rochester Hills. I was hoping to meet some local seasoned face painters to be friends with and hopefully go to jams , this is a new world for me and was hoping to find some locals to bounce stuff off of.. there doesn't seem to be much of that going on  here in my area , or im not finding it ..lol.. How did you start and build your confidence?

starryeyes

starryeyes112233

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:32 am

Dear starryeyes112233:
I have built my confidence by practicing.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
I have tortured my three daughters with face painting.
Um,
I have made a LOT of mistakes.  
After over 16 years of face painting, I am STILL practicing, and striving to get better.
Face painting is my passion.
I am always working on strengthening a skill, or method.
I have short term goals (working on tentacle suckers to make them appear 3D) and long term goals (working on airbrush techniques).  I am always trying to get better.  
I am addicted to face paint.
In a weaker moment,
I tried to swap my husband for some Diamond F/X with Shannon Fennell. Shannon Fennell said NO.... in spite of the fact that I pointed out Tim is a terrific dancer, can parallel park, amazing photographer, and, is tall enough to reach the Caesar salad bowl on top of the fridge.  
The next time I come home for a visit, I will see if you are available and we can arrange a mini-jam.

I took a face painting class with Pashur in Detroit in September 2013....there were lots of Detroit-area face painters there.  I sat beside the lovely Peggy Hernandez, Mercy and her husband Paris, and Curlie helped organize the class.  Google some face painters in your area and tell them about yourself and see about putting you on a contact list for Jams.

Happy Painting!

Last edited by fesspenter on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something.)
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellygee911 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 am

If you ever felt like taking a journey up to Ontario, I've got a friend locally who is also getting into face painting and just can't stop! Fesspainter isn't too far from me either. I usually order my paints to a MI PO box because taxes, duties, and "brokerage fees" get very high in Canada if you're ordering hundreds worth of paint, so I'll let you know next time Moni and I are on a smuggling mission!
Mellygee911

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2014-02-12

http://Www.busybeesparties.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by starryeyes112233 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:57 am

lol yes I would love to have a mini jam or to meet up some day .. I love it also im only a year in ... I have been In contact with curlie she is very nice, very helpful too. I know there are others here in Michigan gotta find em!! I wasn't aware there were many classes here, I drove to Kalamazzo for one last april . long way to go , but it was fun and informative . Are you on face book ??

starryeyes112233

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 am

I believe there is a place in Howell that hosts some amazing face painting teachers. (Second Skin????).

Yes, I am on FaceBook. I have not updated my Facepainting page since the first time I was banned for 30 days. I am computer inept. I do not post that much stuff on FaceBook because I don't think the world needs to have pictures of my dinner, or know my cousin Trudi is on FarmVille. I just don't think I am that interesting.
You are the fifth person to ask me about FaceBook in two days. I suppose this FaceBook thing may catch on.

xoxo
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by starryeyes112233 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 am

I herd the place in Howell closed... I'll look further into it tho.. I agree with the Facebook comment. ..I just don't partake in that end. I have herd of lots of people who get banned or froze out.. I found lots and lots of face painters on there all great people ...In other states... lol look for me Kristin Graham.

starryeyes112233

Back to top Go down

Post by starryeyes112233 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:09 pm

skincognito was the name and it is relocating to oak park.. the web site looks like a cool place.

starryeyes112233

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top