Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Wolfe vs. Snaz vs. Paradise?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wolfe vs. Snaz vs. Paradise?

Post by Monster Princess Art on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Shanon hits on a good point. what do you want to do with it? I run four kits one for kids and one for grown one for special affects, (mostly haunted Halloween stuff or ghoul party's) and my salon make up for brides and stuff....
For kids, snaz all the way grownups, wolf, fx, and any thing with pop and so on. what are you doing with it? sounds like mostly kid stuff right?
Monster Princess Art

Number of posts : 301
Location : Chico, Orland, Corning and about any where a paying gig is :D
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisD on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:57 pm

It's summer here in oz and on hot days I do not even try to use snaz.
TAG/DFX/Wolf works better on hot days, nothing works on real sweaty kids. You have about a minute before they look like they are melting.
I did get some TAG blue in my daughters eye, she just blinked out the water, it did not irritate her at all. But I now carry little saline tubes in my kit for a quick eye wash, if needed.
ChrisD

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-12-18

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/durkin.chris.o/MySampleFaces?auth

Back to top Go down

RE: Harsh Black Outlines

Post by BATWilliamsMagic on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 am

sunrae wrote:does anyone think if your doing a butterfly on a little girl, that black seems just a bit harsh surronding the ilghter color, liek pink? I just noticed, and i dont know if its just me Smile

If black feels too harsh for you, I recommend using a metallic color for your outlines. I use light pink, blue, or purple for the wings, then outline with Wolfe metallic. I also use green Wolfe metallic for my butterfly's body, which looks really great. flower
BATWilliamsMagic

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Megan in slc on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:29 am

Shannon Fennell wrote:I do not use Paradise due to allergies.

Do you mean you have allergies to it or other people?
Megan in slc

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-04-24

http://www.clownarific.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:22 am

As for the origional question. I love using the darker matalics for outline work. On darker skinned people I use white & just accent w/ black or a darker color.

As for the deep south & the heat factor. I love using pressed powders as a base. Starblend works wonders & Ben-Nye Luminaries(I think that's what they're called) are beautiful!
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:14 am

My kit is pretty much all Snazaroo... I'm allergic to wolfe/dfx and I can't stand the smell of paradise. I have some kryolan uv paints and metallics (I hardly ever use the metallics though... they are not the best).

So, since I pretty much HAVE to use all snaz, I am finding ways to use it to it's fullest. You just have to know that if you try to use the white or black over something else, it WILL mix. If you need it to be pure white or black, you'll either have to make it thicker, go over it again... sometimes I just enjoy how easy it is to blend.

I like using dark purple to outline butterflies myself.
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by kyt eubanks on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:00 am

Just wanted to add that if you look at the individual brands manufacture details TAG and DFX are both made in China, Wolfe in Taiwan, Mehron/Paradise in the US and Snazaroo in the UK. Are they allowed to lie about where their stuff is made? And for my USD, made in the USA is my first choice. I DO care if something is made in China.

Kyt Smile

kyt eubanks

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Creations on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:04 am

Tag in Aust is the way to go..
Creations

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://creationsfaba.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:26 pm

I love how black outlining looks, but if you have a really pale child you might try other colors. Sometimes I will paint a white outline and just have a few black details. Purple is also nice for linework, and less harsh than black.
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:47 am

kyt eubanks wrote:Just wanted to add that if you look at the individual brands manufacture details TAG and DFX are both made in China, Wolfe in Taiwan, Mehron/Paradise in the US and Snazaroo in the UK. Are they allowed to lie about where their stuff is made? And for my USD, made in the USA is my first choice. I DO care if something is made in China.

Kyt Smile

Some of Wolfe is made in Taiwan, some in China, and some in the USA.
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kyt eubanks on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:55 pm

I guess I find that pretty disturbing. If I can't know where my product is made before I buy it, then I'm not sure I want to spend the money. Do you think vendors will look and tell you true before you order?

Kyt

kyt eubanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:28 pm

I don't ask the vendor/retailer (if they are selling a brand name), I ask the manufacturer. If they are selling their own label, then yes I expect to find out from the retailer. I also get MSDS and full ingredient lists though (including where something is derived from).
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:10 pm

I have some of the major MSDS on my resource page (see the link in my signature)

Back to top Go down

Post by kyt eubanks on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Shannon,

Thank you very much for the excellent resources you have offered.

After reading through all the MSDS sheets for everything I currently use, I was still unable to find in which country the products were manufactured.

So what are we to assume since we can't know for certain? That the packaging that does have a country or origin is fake, real or what? Maybe it doesn't matter.
Kyt

kyt eubanks

Back to top Go down

Post by kyt eubanks on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi all,

A while back when I asked about the origins of Wolfe, Tag and DFX I heard a lot of various answers including answers about the relationship between those paint brands and where they were made.

After reading my own paints labels very carefully I came up one set of answers but loving horses mouths like I do I decided to ask someone who really ought to know the answer. Here the reply I received from Shelli Fresco Farber at Wolfe Face Art & FX.

Hi there.....

Thanks for taking the time out to contact us here at Wolfe Face Art & FX as well as an interest in the products you use.

Wolfe makeup is not made in the UK...that is the Snazaroo brand.

Wolfe face and body makeup is made in Taiwan in the oldest and most reputable cosmetic factory there. DFX is made in China (close but not the same factory nor the same formula)

All of Wolfe products are made with 100% FDA and EU approved ingredients, something that I know the competition brand is not regardless of what they state.

Hopefully you will continue to purchase Wolfe and know that our company stands behind our name and makes sure that our product is held to the highest standards in the cosmetic field.

Kind regards,
Shelli Fresco Farber
National Sales Director
Direct Line 386-956-9556

I think it's great that the companies that make our products will respond to requests for information.

Regards,
Kyt Eubanks

kyt eubanks

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:50 am

I love this topic because it really does show how different everybodies preferences and situations are.
Here is my personal take:
I have a paradise pallet for bases. I have wolfe and DFX black. I prefer DFX. I have kryolan, fab and starblend white. I dislike them all. Again, I prefer DFX for lines and paradise for bases. I have not yet had the opportunity to try Wolfe white. I have Tag metallics and wolfe neons. Very yummy! I have a couple Fab metallics that I will only use for body art. The smell is too overwhelming and I have had a couple of kids react to the Fab.

My situation: Myself and the kids I paint regularly have very sensitive skin (even eczema) and I am unable to wear bandaids. I live in Missouri where the temps run into triple digits with very high humidity. Snaz melts within 20 minutes for me. 40 minutes inside I the ac even.

I would like to try Ben Nye powders and maybe even a different color in the starblends. I hate the white, but maybe... Too bad. I don't run on an unlimited budget. Wink
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top