Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello From the Rockies!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello From the Rockies!

Post by TerryAnne on Tue May 06, 2014 11:08 am

Hello! (Ack, intros are awkward!) I've recently started to fall in love with face painting. The only experience I have is when my mom made me volunteer at a fair at a science museum way back in middle school. More recently I've just been doodling in a notebook and playing around with regular makeup since I'm broke and can't afford paint until next paycheck (or possibly the one after). But I've been checking out Pinterest and have a board full of ideas. Can't wait to have real face paint and start learning to work with it!  bounce

TerryAnne

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello From the Rockies!

Post by Kris5115 on Tue May 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi and welcome!
Kris5115

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue May 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Welcome to the Forum, TerryAnne!
There are collective years of wisdom shared in these threads. You will find that when you DO ask a question, you will get as many different answers as there are artists. There are different paints, sponges, brushes, glitters, temperaments, and techniques.

If I had it to do all over again...I would have purchased less paint and practiced MORE!! There are some extremely informative YouTube videos by Lisa Joy Young, Shawna D, Denise Cold.

You don't have to break the bank to invest in some good paints. The colourful rectangle in the header of this column leads you to the FacePaintForumShop. The prices are competitive, and the shipping is FAST!!!!

I would purchase a small palette of TAG or Diamond F/X, and some Cameleon Black and White to start.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryAnne on Wed May 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Hey thanks! I checked out the store and will head back there when I have money. I definitely appreciate the advice, since I've never had my own set up before.

TerryAnne

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel on Wed May 07, 2014 9:12 pm

Welcome!
anniel

Number of posts : 2289
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down