Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Big Red painter here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big Red painter here!

Post by Whimzie on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Hello everyone!
Well, I'm chiming in from the little city of Omaha, NE., where we think Husker nation is the biggest thing around pretty much because it IS! However, we have evolved from the horse-drawn covered wagon quite a few decades ago. It's hilarious to me the questions I get about the mid-west being born and raised here...yes, we do have indoor plumbing.
Anyways, I am kinda new to this type of site, but I have been face painting for about 5 years now. As it is with most things in my life, I found it by complete accident. I was nominated to face paint at a community carnival my job was throwing after I painted a wall mural in a conference room at work. Everyone found out I had some skills and I found out it was pretty fun! So I kept going with it.
I do have some "formal" training in fine arts through my associates degree in graphic communication. However, I'm noticing that doesn't necessarily prepare me for the face as a canvas, HA! However, my favorite memories of painting are from when I was about 4 years old and my grandpa gave me a hand-made table/chair set that fit in my bedroom closet where I spent hour upon hour painting pretty much anything I could get my hands on. Every Christmas was full of paints, brushes, crayons, pastels, pencils, papers, etc. It's just something I thoroughly enjoy and when you combine it with kids and the magical surprise when they look in that mirror to see their monster/princess face... well, I LOVE IT!
I would love to hear ideas from some more seasoned painters to hone the craft and make those long lines go more easily and more quickly.
In addition, you should know I am a clown. I graduated from clown college almost 2 years ago now and my user name is my clown name: Whimzie. She is a silly light-hearted clown who enjoys telling jokes, painting faces and making people feel special.
That became way longer than intended, so I'll go for now...nice to meet ya'll! (I can say that because half my family is in Texas. ;D)

Whimzie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Big Red painter here!

Post by fesspenter on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:29 am

Welcome to The Forum, Whimzie!
Please join us in a game of face paint tag in the thread Tag You Are It!
There is a place to post and share your work with a kind, warm, non-judgemental audience in Show and a Tell.

Happy Painting!

fesspenter

Number of posts : 3321
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:03 am

Hi Whimzey! I love your post Smile clowning is so interesting, I first got bit by the face painting bug upon meeting a clown. Welcome to the wonderful forum!

thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:41 pm

welcome to the forum!

Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca