Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from Starkville, MS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Starkville, MS

Post by Beloved15 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:08 am

Hi, everyone. My name is Brittney. I am brand new to face painting and brand new to being a mom. I came across the idea of becoming a professional face painter while pondering on careers that I could have as a stay at home mom. I'm a young mother of a 4 month old. I just recently got out of college and got married, and now a year and a month later I have a 4 month old, smiley little boy. Needless to say, I've had to make some huge adjustments. I went to school for graphic design, but never felt interested in advertisement or working for a firm, and I know for sure I want to be a stay at home mom who homeschools. So with my love of art, people, doodling, and going to town wide events, face painting came to mind an it just seemed to fit! I dove right in, ordered a starter palette, some brushes, split cakes, sponges, and various other supplies, and went to town watching videos, reading topics, and gathering inspiration. I did my first event on may 31 and it was terrible! My hands were shaky, I had no signs for my booth, and I had a lost look on my face. However, there were lots of happy kids running around with fun on their faces and I realized that I did indeed love the art of face painting. Now I am going to start working on signs and menu boards and wait till fall to do any more events. I look forward to this career and to gathering info from everyone here. Nice to meet you all!
Beloved15

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Starkville, MS

Post by Forest-Fairy on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 pm

welcome to the forum!
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down