Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hi from Cincinnati!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from Cincinnati!

Post by Outinapout on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:53 am

haha, feels so funny introducing myself, but I know people like to "know" who they're talking to on forums, so here goes...

I'm Jessica. I'm a professional makeup artist in Cincinnati, OH who has been doing makeup professionally for....19 years! Which makes me sound way older than I think I am Wink Seriously, though, I started when I was 18 and really just loved everything about it. I did retail for a very long time, with freelancing gigs here and there.

In 2008, when I had my daughter, I left retail and started freelancing commercially, as well as writing a blog to share my experiences (My blog/twitter moniker is OutInAPout, you might also see me on MakeupGeek.com, where I'm a staff member). Alongside makeup, I'm also a BIG skincare freak- I can regularly be found perusing scientific literature, because I am cynical and take very little at face value!

I've been fascinated with face painting for a long time- once my daughter started asking for it at festivals and the like, it was hard for me not to peek over to the painter's kit or ask questions (not always well received!)

I recently decided that I need to expand my artistry into face painting, which was spurred on- not in small part- by the fact that I'm increasingly being roped into face painting by family & friends (if there's face paints brought out in any form, all eyes turn to me!) Don't get me wrong, I'm fascinated by facepainting, but as you all know, it's a VERY different skill set from beauty makeup (and even avant-garde "editorial" style stuff). I actually found it a bit embarrassing because people expect me to be able to do it and I am NOT up to snuff! So....I'm in training again!

This forum has been a great reference for me so far, and I can't wait to share my experiences! Thanks in advance, see you on the boards!

Outinapout

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Cincinnati!

Post by Forest-Fairy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:32 pm

welcome to the forum! Always good to have fellow make up artists here as well!

Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Outinapout on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks FF, I've been lurking for a week or so and can already see what a great community this is! Now the challenge is not letting the forum suck up all of my time Smile

Outinapout

Back to top Go down

Post by creativefunfaces on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:05 pm

Hello =)

creativefunfaces

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2012-01-24

http://creativefunfaces.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Outinapout on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi, Amy!

Outinapout

Back to top Go down

Post by A New Face on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:01 pm

Welcome, I am a Cincinnatian too.

A New Face

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2012-11-05

http://anewfacenikkiwalters.wix.com/anewface

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:12 am

Join us in a game of Face Paint Tag in the thread Tag You Are It!

fesspenter

Number of posts : 3321
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Outinapout on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:07 pm

A New Face wrote:Welcome, I am a Cincinnatian too.

Awesome- it's always good to meet someone local on boards like this! Any good local resources for paint supplies?

Outinapout

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:11 pm

The colourful rectangle in the above column header is a link to the FacePaintForumShop. The prices are competitive, and the shipping is FAST. Metina packages my orders really well.

Happy Painting!

fesspenter

Number of posts : 3321
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Outinapout on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks Fesspenter, I definitely will check out Metina's shop soon! I was hoping A New Face might know of a brick and mortar in our area that actually stocks face painting goodies- I'm very impatient! Wink However, aside from a shop I happened to find on the opposite end of the state, I haven't had much luck, so...

Outinapout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum