Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

What size do you make your sponges?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What size do you make your sponges?

Post by Annainohio on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:18 am

I'm planning on buying a big sponge or piece of foam to make sponges out of. What size would you recommend cutting them to?

Annainohio

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: What size do you make your sponges?

Post by Boe on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:31 am

There's a thread on' general face painting' about this Smile

Boe

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:43 pm

A word from the wise ones: "Not all foam and sponge is created equal."

I know you think you'll be saving money by going bulk on a piece of foam or a large sponge to cut up but really it will cost you money and here is why.

Buying the wrong type of foam or sponge will eat your paint. It will like to soak it up, but it won't want to give it back. Depending on the material you buy, and the density of the sponge/foam you could lose a LOT of paint and get very little in results when applying them to a face. Also you would have to fuss around with other sponges a bit to get a clean load, and application, which is a time vampire. Not to mention some foams are not meant to be used cosmetically. I personally would never use a dish sponge on a kid, or a piece of crafting foam. Not to mention what it might leave behind in my paints!

The safest bet is to get sponges made for this type of work. They are safe, pre cut a lot of the time, and will apply the makeup better as this was the work they were specifically made for.

I HIGHLY recommend these and cutting them in halfs and quarters.
http://www.facepaintforumshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=740&CartID=0

Best sponge ever IMO. Always a nice clean application with zero fuss, well worth the price and you get $2 off if you buy in groups of 10. Good price.

Remember you get what you pay for, and you also end up paying for what you get every time.
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top