Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hi/Bonjour from Montreal, QC!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi/Bonjour from Montreal, QC!

Post by SillyNadia on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for the add!! I started face painting for fun on my kids because my daughter totally loved it,.. I started off with a snazaroo kit i purchased online and fell in love with face painting from the first stroke!! Now i'm just totally addicted and always want to buy new paints!

I also do glitter tattoos as a back up plan,. So far i am doing this part-time, at friends events and parties but eventually i would love for this to be a full time thing!

I don't really know any face painters in my area, i've reached out to some but have never gotten a response so far.

Always looking to learn and tweek my skills and help anyway that i can!!  Laughing 

Thanks Again!
SillyNadia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi/Bonjour from Montreal, QC!

Post by fesspenter on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Dear SillyNadia:
Welcome to the Forum!
I love this place.
It is kind and informative.
The prices on the FacePaintForumShop (the colourful rectangle in the column above) are competitive. I do have them shipped to relatives in the States and pick them up and declare them at the border. I have never been charged duties at the border like I have in a hit-or-miss fashion dealing with Canada Post. My packages arrive looking pristine in the US. My Canadian Packages look like they came via the Iditerod husky team, polar bears sat on them and played polo with them, and wolves gnawed on the edges. Perhaps I am over stating my case, and embellishing the truth a little.

There are some fabulous painters in Montréal. Jinny of Mehron Paradise is based in Montréal. This is a happening, vibrant city. Adore visiting there whenever my photographer husband is working at the NTS. One of the best bra-fitting stores I have ever found is Sud et Something French (Okay... I am making the name up because I cannot remember it).
Come play face paint tag with us in the thread "Tag You Are It". There is a place to post and share your work with a kind, warm, non-judgemental audience in "Show and Tell". I think it is important for us to share our work and not worry about that it is not "good enough". After 16 years, I still feel my work is not "good enough". I post anyway. This is a good place to be. If you DO want to be critiqued, you have to request it. We all started somewhere.

Happy Painting!
xoxo
P.S. I am going to Face Paint University New England in September for four days. This is an excellent boot camp for every level of face painting.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi/Bonjour from Montreal, QC!

Post by Kris5115 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:37 am

Hi and welcome!
Kris5115

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down