Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Awkward Situation Happened to me last week....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Awkward Situation Happened to me last week....

Post by photomomma6 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:52 pm

So, a LONG time ago, like 20 years ago, when I was still single and stupid, I was in a musical, and kinda got really friendly (like making out when no one was looking) with one of the other cast members (who was unhappily married at the time. He'd gotten her pregnant, so they got married and she was like 8 months prego at the time). Fast forward 12 years, they've both become Christians, and are homeschooling their 2 children and are in the same community homeschool group I'm in. I talked to her a little, and we became friends. Never brought anything up, so it just never mattered what I'd done with her husband. I never saw him again. Fast forward to last Friday night. I'm face painting and doing henna at a Environmental Festival here, and who walks up? She and her HUSBAND! I tried to act like I didn't recognize him, but she and I started talking, saying it's been a long time. Then she says, "Well you two know each other don't you? You were in that play together!" Yeah, yeah, we kinda both nod our heads, and steal looks at each other, saying with our eyes, "what she doesn't know won't hurt her". Wow, that was SO awkward. I feel bad hiding that from her, but it's not really my responsibility to reveal it to her. I'm just leaving it up to him if he'd like to tell her or not, but wow. Never thought I'd run into that.  Shocked Shocked Shocked 
photomomma6

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.facelation.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Awkward Situation Happened to me last week....

Post by Morninglory on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:57 pm

It's 12 years in the past, enough time for people to change. It is unfortunate that it happened, but if they have built a life together then it is defiantly not your responsibility to bring up the past.

My only suggestion is stay distant. You don't want to become close with her and then have it come up. She will feel doubly betrayed.
Morninglory

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by photomomma6 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Oh, no that's not gonna happen. That's the first time I've seen her in 12 years. Not really close enough or interest enough for a relationship. Thanks!
photomomma6

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.facelation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshi on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:34 pm

What morningglory said. ^^^
There are 2 kids involved, not just the adults. Past is past. There is a saying....'Let the old skeletons remain buried'. If I were you, I would stay away from the whole family for my own peace of mind!
Joshi

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2013-09-19

http://www.HennafyMe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top