Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Newb Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newb Question

Post by tashasbowtique on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:42 am

hey guys!
How do you glue Jewel to face? with non sticker rhinestones....
to make blushes on face, what do you use? regular BLUSH from cosmetic store?
Are those face paints really safe for lips?
tashasbowtique

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Newb Question

Post by MelindaT0813 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:58 am

cosmetic glue such as eyelash adhesive, glitter tattoo glue and glue used in prosthetics all can work.

for blush I use pink starblends which are just like blush (same shade I mean) but more pigmented. look up starblends to find out more on what they can be used for. You can also use a moist sponge very lightly dabbed in your face paint blush color and then dab it on the cheeks.

Yes it is safe for lips (most colors, read the label) but HOW you apply it seems to be the bigger issue. I use the spray bottle and qtips method and then dispose (more sanitary).
You are also welcome to use lipstick or gloss on the kiddos (lasts longer anyways) if you apply it in a sanitary way.
MelindaT0813

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2011-03-16

http://www.mindyentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tashasbowtique on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:38 am

thanks! yeah I think Qtip would be the best way too.

tashasbowtique

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:49 am

I use adhesive sticker rhinestones so I'm not much help there, but they don't fall as easily. I do use starblends for blush as well, very little, it's goes a long way. I use a brush to paint lips cause it's faster using a teardrop method, I do wash out my brush with soap and water after, and then sanitize and allow it to dry.
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:38 pm

1. with skin glue. IMO the best one to get a latex free eyelash glue. MUST be latex free, as 8 in 100 kids will have a reaction to latex... and we aren't just talking about rashes, it can be as bad as going into shock after having it on for an hour. The eye lash glue gives you enough stick, but isn't too extreme. Some FX glues are hard to remove, Glitter tat glue for example does work and is safe, but it's really hard to remove with out a remover or special directions from the artist. I don't put anything on a kid that can't be removed with soap and water at the end of the day. Quo Eyelash glue is my choice of skin glue for face gems.

2. If you have good technique you can add blush with a dry sponge and paint. Takes practice. If you want the extra thing in your kit you can also carry blush, and a blush brush.

3. Yes more are. But there is debate about the blue being safe. I have researched it and haven't found any issues, so i think it's just the companies being overly cautious. We do it in the makeup industry all the time. As for applying, I use a brush not a Q-Tip. Why?
Less waste over all, q-tip garbage and wasted paint a like.
No worries of getting 'fluff' in my paints.
Brushes give a better application and flow better if you are saying turning the lips into a tiger mouth with fangs.
Solution - Don't double dip, and wash and sanitize your brush afterwards. (also don't paint on sick kids)
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top