Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

First birthday party

Go down

First birthday party

Post by Annainohio on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 pm

I'm painting at my first birthday party this weekend. Any Advice? Tips? Tricks?

Annainohio

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: First birthday party

Post by Giggle Loopsy on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:52 am

You will have a blast! It's my favorite type of gig to do. One thing I've changed since I began is to participate more in the party.

In other words, when someone offers me a drink, or asks me to enjoy a piece of birthday cake, I do. I used to decline, but I think that was borderline insulting to the host(ess).

Another bit of advice is to spend extra time with the birthday boy or girl. Make it really special for them and make it clear they're getting a little more attention and focus than the rest of the kids. But obviously not to the point of hurting the other kids feelings, of course! Just little things like letting them get painted first...

I also like to get all the business stuff out of the way before I get to the party. It's just not fun to have to talk money during the party. I make arrangements ahead of time and usually this includes charging their credit card after I leave the event. Or they'll slip me a check or cash after the event... but it's all prearranged.

That's what's on the top of my head, if you have any specific questions, please ask!

Good luck, you'll love it!  Very Happy 
Giggle Loopsy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://giggleloopsy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by poopitypants on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:44 am

I second the taking offers for food/cake- at least take some home for later (:

Sometimes line order can be a problem, and people have a bunch of different ways of tackling this. I let some adults know my plan (to paint numbers on the children's hands so they can run off and play, and get painted when their number is called) and then tell those adults that they are in charge of making sure the kids are around when their number is called. No matter what method you use, you will probably need to enlist the help of the adults if the kids aren't perfect angels (:

poopitypants

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by FUNtasy on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:23 pm

I give the kids a number and I tell them... If I call your number and you are not around you have to wait to the end LOL Twisted Evil and always works, they are sure to be around when they are call, in fact the same kids call the others.
But of course I always try to have an adult supervising them.
FUNtasy

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2012-07-21

http://www.FUNtasy.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down