Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

starblends with a brush? loose?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

starblends with a brush? loose?

Post by jlirie on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:36 am

so i'm really a brush person, and beginning to build up a stash of shimmer powders to use. i got some mehron gem powders & a couple ben nye luxe powders which i expect to use wet with a brush for smaller designs & details, or dry with fluffier brush for small base areas.

but i would like powders for larger bases, and it looks like the only economical choices are starblends, or ben nye magicakes, with a dusting of shimmer powder over them.

from the threads i've read, it seems they don't work with brushes in their existing cake form, even wet?  if there is a type of brush or method of using them with a brush, i'd love to know. or can the cakes be crushed up and used as loose powder with a brush (either wet or dry)?

or, are there other brands of less expensive powder i am unaware of?

thanks

Last edited by jlirie on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlirie

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: starblends with a brush? loose?

Post by Tone on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:08 am

I've applied white Starblends with a kabuki brush. It worked fine for what I was aiming for (base color for a ghost), but it goes on more opaque with smoothie blenders or a powder puff. Haven't tried the kabuki with any other Starblend colors.
Tone

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:44 am

ooh, there's hope Smile white is the color i was primarily thinking of. maybe I can find a very soft, dense kabuki brush. thanks tone!
jlirie

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top