Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

help first time doing facepainting stall

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: help first time doing facepainting stall

Post by jlirie on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:25 am

i'm going to guess the u.s. version of that word is washcloths? p.s. i read the uk daily mail website and like to try and figure out the british slang, too Smile  

it would usually be too time consuming to clean them during most types of face painting events.  

based on your idea, you could cut up pieces of soft cloth instead of paper towels, use one piece for each child that needs cleaning, put in a "used washcloth" bin, and launder when you get home.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by angelic_1s on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:44 am

Lol. Yes facewashers, washclothes... Towelettes, ummm can't think what else they're called. Was thinking of getting a dark towel or cotton material and cutting it up, or some dark coloured (choose the name) cloths. Been pretty lucky so far, very few dirty faces, and the ones that are, are only a smudge here or there, no ice-cream/chocolate covered faces yet. Lol. Figure 10cm squares would do.
angelic_1s

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:31 am

I refresh the soap bottle every week to keep the sprayer working. The water here is super clean so I don't worry about baterica build up so much. Most of all not in water mixed with a sorberant.

I considered the cloths at first when switching but decided against it after thinking it over. Here was my reasoning.

- I can store more paper towel squares in a smaller space
- less laundry less work but also easier on the environment with less water waste
- I personally only do laundry once a week and I would need a constant supply of cut cloths
- wear and tear, fraying edges, need for maintainece. Possible shabby look as they are used more.
- cloths will stain over time with food and paint stains
- I believe public perception would view disposable napkins as being more sanitary and clean (even if there is no real difference).
- still needs eventual replacement. Throw aways take longer to bio degrade.

These were just a few rasons I decided petsonally not to go with cloth.
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Kal on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:47 am

Has anyone tried the magic makeup eraser yet?
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:38 am

angelic_1s - if you went with cloth, dark does sound best, i notice a lot of people on the forum also mention dark sponges and dark towels to wipe their brushes on, so they don't show stains. i'm going to get some dark towels for wiping off brushes.

forest-fairy - glad you don't have my water (!), though recently the town decided they had to add a bit of chlorine due to the number of living units supplied by the well, i'm hoping that helps.

kal - that magic eraser looks like microfiber (?), which is always touted for being able to clean well. i think i saw someone mention it on the forum, maybe search for it?
jlirie

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:05 am

never heard of this 'makeup eraser' you speak of, I'll look into it.

jlirie - BC is pretty well knowing for it's fresh water Smile
My hubby used to live in Frezno California when he was a child and he told me the water that came out of the taps was like tea. Yuck! Though that was many years ago.
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top