Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Testing Design Feedback

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Testing Design Feedback

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:38 am

So I got some new paints, and I'm happy as a clam! So I decided to try a basic monster mask. No stencils were used, and I tried to make it easy with a 1-stroke snake, but I dunno what do you guys think??

My lil one wanted in on it, and her request was a castle with a rainbow. Honestly I looked everywhere for a castle face paint but couldn't find one so I winged it with my own disneyish design. She was delighted but has anyone seen anything similar?

Critiques are appreciated!
PaintedWingsandWishes

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Testing Design Feedback

Post by ambercat on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:45 am

Oh wow... I love both of them!!! That castle is just gorgeous!!!! No wonder your daughter was happy with it!! And the cute little Tinkerbell!! Monster is great too... I have trouble with painting the horns over the mask.. the colour underneath always bleeds through.. Do you wipe some of the green paint off before you paint the horns on? Thanks so much for sharing these with us!! Very Happy
ambercat

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-04-25

http://kathy232323.wix.com/kathys-face-painting

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:01 am

No actually I didn't wipe anything off O_o though I probably should have. I just painted it over with Wolfe white pretty thickly and filled in when needed. No more than two coats in some places. Smile The castle was pretty invent it as I go. My brain is pretty much stuck in disney mode 24/7 so I did a design inspired by one of the castles. I started everything with a DFX black silhouette and painted the blue roofs and towers, then finished it off with white details. I do see now that I forgot the little clock hands in that blue circle on one of the roofs, but I suppose only that would bug me. I wish the pic came out better to show off the smaller details of the balcony, and the tallest hidden tower topped off with a sparkle.

You know the oddest thing happened, normally I'm fantastic with starbursts, but this time when I used wolfe white they were coming out too thick, or just not going at all sometimes. Haven't had that happen with DFX white. Always smooth and thin. Anyone have any insight? I gave it pretty good water, so I duno. :/
PaintedWingsandWishes

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:45 pm

love the rainbow-castle-tinkerbell! the monster mask is well done, have you considered adding highlights or lowlights of other colors (light green, blue, yellow, copper, etc)?

i find i have to do starbursts by quickly touching and flicking the very tip of the brush on the skin, otherwise i get big globby strokes :/
jlirie

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:32 pm

I think they both look very nice and I definitely like the shading and definition in your monster mask - doesn't look flat.
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Thanks, and yea I think next time I shall play around with colors a bit more Smile Maybe brighten up some of that black.
PaintedWingsandWishes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top