Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

mehron mixing liquid - mix ahead of time, keep covered?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mehron mixing liquid - mix ahead of time, keep covered?

Post by jlirie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:29 am

having acquired some mehron gem powders, i am considering getting the mixing liquid. the main purpose would be to make the gem powders last longer on the skin (when mixed with water, painted, and dried, they rub off more easily than face paint).

will the mixing liquid do that?

also, can you mix gem powders and mixing liquid together ahead of time (like the day before), then use them as needed during an event? if so, do you need to keep the mixture tightly covered during the event to prevent the liquid from drying out quickly?

or is there some leeway, so you could leave a container of the mixture open? and could you store the remainder tightly capped or not?

i have found mixing them with diluted face paint in a similar color also works, so i could do that on the spot, too.

thanks
jlirie

Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: mehron mixing liquid - mix ahead of time, keep covered?

Post by anniel on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:34 pm

If I remember--from the evidence of a small dippy pot of mehron & mixing liquid I found (from last year) with a small gold nugget rattling around in it...it might not work so well. I think I spritzed water in it a few times to revive it--and then consigned it to a box in the cupboard.
anniel

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickell on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:02 pm

I've done this before when I painted a Tin Man for a play! I put some Mehron Mixing Liquid into a squeeze bottle (I think that time I used an empty and sanitized contact lens fluid bottle? You can find 1 and 4 oz empties for cheap on Amazon, I use them all the time for mixing acrylic with flow medium to airbrush on canvas)

Anyways, Mixing Medium, a few scoops of the powder and drop in a stainless steel ball or two (like the ones in your nail varnish bottles, or a BB) to break up the pigment and shakeshakeSHAKESHAKESHAKEshakeshake, squeeze some out onto your palette or a small cup and you're good!

Its a lovely system because you only squeeze out what you need to reduce waste, its easy to quickly shake up and keep the pigment 'floating', won't dry out because you just close the cap, and you stay sanitary because you aren't dipping the brush directly into the container!
Snickell

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.FairytailFABA.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:46 pm

thanks to you both, so uncovered, no, squeeze bottle with mixing ball, yes. love your shakeSHAKEs lol!
jlirie

Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top