Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from Sherwood, nottingham, UK!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Sherwood, nottingham, UK!!

Post by jaydreams007 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:41 am

Hi everyone, My name is Jay, I totally love face painting and would love to make a career out of it. I am currently a stay at home mum. I have two beautiful girls age 1 + 3! so I have some little wrigglers to practice on (when they let me!)
I aspire to eventually do full on body painting and compete at the "festival".
I am just building up my kit at the minute and working out the best paints to get etc. I currently have a mix of kryolan and snazaroo. not loving the snazaroo though. terrible for line work. excited for Christmas as i'm going to update my kit and get stencils and glitter etc.
Good times!!

jaydreams007

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-09-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Sherwood, nottingham, UK!!

Post by fesspenter on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Welcome to the Forum, jaydreams007:
There are collective years of wisdom in some of the old threads on this Forum. Read through some and I am sure you will find some helpful ideas and suggestions. You will notice that there are different suggestions, paints, products... because we are all different kinds of artists.
There is a game of Face Paint Tag going on in the thread "Tag You Are It'. There is a place to post and share your work with a kind, non-judgemental audience in "Show and Tell".

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:03 pm

Welcome 'home'! You are just gonna looooove it here! Lots of fantastic info and insight! Hope you enjoy your new obsession!
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:44 pm

welcome jay. you have discovered "newbie's law", snazaroo is not good for line work, lol. i find the only way i can get a decent line is mixing it with plenty of water and painting on bare skin, not over a base layer of face paint.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1802
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top