Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

You May Call Me Splitenstein! Muaha

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You May Call Me Splitenstein! Muaha

Post by Beloved15 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Just wanted to show my latest obsession. I've been splitting all my tag cakes mainly for one stroke painting and a few for base blends.  
Beloved15

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: You May Call Me Splitenstein! Muaha

Post by LittleMonsters on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Very nice! I'm waiting to receive my order this weekend so I can hack up all my 50g TAG cakes and make my one-strokes and rainbow cakes Very Happy
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:54 pm

nice straight lines, very impressive
jlirie

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved15 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:05 pm

Thank you! I have to give design classes from college and an exacto blade the credit for the cutting. I didn't expect this, but some of those colors were so frustrating! Many of the darker colors would stick to the side and bottom of my containers so that they became a huge mess. I've probably washed my hands thirty times tonight.
Beloved15

Back to top Go down

Post by tashasbowtique on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:47 pm

would you show me your split cake designs on face?
tashasbowtique

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickell on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:44 am

Loving that green/light blue/dark blue combo- I just made one myself!

Are you concerned at all about the round containers impeding loading your sponge? Or are you used to working out of circular rainbow cakes?
Snickell

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.FairytailFABA.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved15 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:45 am

Unfortunately, I don't have photos of any of my designs yet. I will upload them to this thread as I use the cakes though.

And I am a bit worried about loading my sponge. But I'm going to start practicing that more to hopefully get quick with it. I made it mostly for two-tone one stroke and maybe loading two colors on a sponge. I will have to see.

I need more sponges because I only have 8 halves and I'm starting to get paranoid about cleanliness with my kit. Since I can rince my brush with alcohol after each child I feel more inclined to use brushes instead of sponges. At least until I can build up my sponge stash.
Beloved15

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:50 am

Dear Beloved15:
While I am addicted to FWW sponges, and Already Wicked sponges, I buy sponges from my local Canadian Tire store. I cut them into wedges with my electric carving knife. You can purchase the big "peanut-shaped" car wash sponges and cut them into wedges. Line them up with your face paint base blender cakes to measure them to cut them.
I understand that there are a chain of stores in the US (Joanne's?) that sell foam cushions for pillows. Those cushions are supposedly great for face painting sponges. I use the car wash sponges in all kinds of sizes. I do an 18 day festival in Canada with a team of face painters, and we use one sponge per child. We use between 200-700 sponges per day. I wash them on the sanitizing cycle in my washing machine and dry them on high heat in a large lingerie bag. I have 1,500 sponges. I could not have afforded to purchase all those sponges if I had used only FWW.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved15 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:00 am

Wow! What wonderful information. Thank you!
Beloved15

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved15 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Here are the cakes sponged on my arms. Sorry for the terrible application. I just cut a bunch of sponges from some upholstery foam and they are shaped a bit uneven. The colors also look better than what the photo shows.

Beloved15

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:26 pm

they look brighter and better on your arm than in the cakes, you have some nice combinations there
jlirie

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved15 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:54 am

Haha, I wonder if they look so bright because I'm so pale. Thank you!
Beloved15

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Chennell on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:25 pm

fesspenter wrote:Dear Beloved15:
While I am addicted to FWW sponges, and Already Wicked sponges, I buy sponges from my local Canadian Tire store.  I cut them into wedges with my electric carving knife.  You can purchase the big "peanut-shaped" car wash sponges and cut them into wedges.  Line them up with your face paint base blender cakes to measure them to cut them.  
I understand that there are a chain of stores in the US (Joanne's?) that sell foam cushions for pillows.  Those cushions are supposedly great for face painting sponges.  I use the car wash sponges in all kinds of sizes.  I do an 18 day festival in Canada with a team of face painters, and we use one sponge per child.  We use between 200-700 sponges per day.  I wash them on the sanitizing cycle in my washing machine and dry them on high heat in a large lingerie bag.  I have 1,500 sponges.  I could not have afforded to purchase all those sponges if I had used only FWW.

Happy Painting!

I'd love to see a picture of the "peanut-shaped" car wash sponge that you cut into wedges. I was looking it up and there are so many variations. Thanks!
Niki Chennell

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tashasbowtique on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:52 am

did you know that... two color 50g tag cakes are cheaper than 1 color 50g tag cake?
tashasbowtique

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top