Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

What are the pros for having insurance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are the pros for having insurance

Post by MonBu on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:18 am

Hi. I'm a newB too and have never heard of any of the other face painters I know talk of insurance.  Question What type of issues are Face Painters insuring against? What can go wrong? Thanks for the advice!

MonBu

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: What are the pros for having insurance

Post by anniel on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:48 am

Insurance, at the least, will open doors for you to gigs that require you to carry it. It will protect you from that random time someone trips over your kit, or stumbles into you while you are painting close to the eyes. (And yes, I did paint someone who had this happen to their child the week before & they ended up in the ER...I was surprised they were back in a facepaint line so quick..AND thankful to know I would never have to cover a bill like that!)

anniel

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Insurance ... there are no cons. Period.

If you are working (charging them) in other people's home, third party venues, are touching people, applying products to their skin, and around their eyes and mouths (products that CAN cause allergic or other reactions), you are using equipment with sharp ends, possibly have containers or mirrors that can break, have liquids that can spill, etc, etc, etc. - You need to protect your self and your family's assets.

And liability insurance will offer some protection. If someone is starting a business I believe insurance is essential. It should be one of the first things to get before even accepting the first paid job.

Here's something on my blog about it http://shannonfennell.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/business-tips-for-face-painters-body-artists-and-make-up-artists-11-insurance/

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:32 pm

I drew up a nice pros and cons list for you.

Pros:
Everything

Cons:
Paying money to insurance companies
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:24 pm

lol!